The social club

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Bendis
Beginner

The social club

Post by Bendis » 14 May 2011 17:14

This will promote genesis among everyone's facebook friends while making the gameplay more entertaining. It will also promote more interaction between players and adding to the fun.

Initially will have 3 commands:

1. Check-in
Bendis just checked-in the prancing pony.
She is drinking beer <- user message

2. Share stats and levels
Bendis became a champion.
Woohoo I Rock <- user message

3. Feed - optional
Based on the information above the news feed can be accessed in game too :)

The implementation has 4 parts:

1. Secured message board where the player can read only its own facebook events
2. Approved bot that reads the message board and creates events either in the db or amazon SNS
3. Webapp that will take care to link the genesis user account to facebook and maintain the preferences page.
4. A job that will listen to Amazon SNS and post the entries on the user profile.

Here we can decide how much we want to put on the web and how much we want to implement in the game. We can have the webapp to do only application authorization for facebook and sso with genesis and everything else configured in game.

Other ideas:
Genesis Page that can have a genesis news feed. We can probably post the events to the page too.

This will create a lot of buzz, make the game more entertaining and hopefully attract more players.

I can probably help with the implementation, as I don't need the tightly guarded access to the domain code needed to design a good alchemist guild :D

/Bendis

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: The social club

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 09 Jun 2011 01:19

sounds cool
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/