Another Death idea thread.

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Celephias
Expert

Re: Another Death idea thread.

Post by Celephias » 04 Jul 2011 03:16

Booger - well-said. I'd like to second those points.

Anahita
Adventurer

Post by Anahita » 04 Jul 2011 07:29

Celephias wrote:Booger - well-said. I'd like to second those points.
Ditto.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 04 Jul 2011 11:22

Actually for some really big characters in certain guilds its a necessity to die to gain guildstat.
Guildstat in some guilds is the main "power stat" that defines them.
Look at Blademasters.
The damage you do is based on how many links you have(which is based on guildstat)
And to teach the maximum you need INSANE amounts of guildstat.
You can go from hero to myth then die back to hero and go to myth again without having reached 10 links.
And it doesnt even get good until you have 8 links which also takes a good amount of time.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Celephias
Expert

Post by Celephias » 04 Jul 2011 19:21

Amberlee - I agree and understand that point. If I can put words in Booger's mouth though, I would say that this is perhaps the problem to be solved rather than using deaths as a way to solve it.

Zingil
Apprentice

Post by Zingil » 04 Jul 2011 19:46

Zingil finally got his tenth Blademaster link four days ago. It only took fourteen years...

-Zingil's player

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 04 Jul 2011 19:50

with 0 deaths meanwhile ...

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 04 Jul 2011 20:56

Zingil wrote:Zingil finally got his tenth Blademaster link four days ago. It only took fourteen years...

-Zingil's player

And how would it make you feel if I got my tenth link after a couple of months because I kept on commiting suicide so I could fast grind my guild xp?

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 04 Jul 2011 21:35

arcon wrote:
Zingil wrote:Zingil finally got his tenth Blademaster link four days ago. It only took fourteen years...

-Zingil's player

And how would it make you feel if I got my tenth link after a couple of months because I kept on commiting suicide so I could fast grind my guild xp?
At least you can't cheat the ogre system like that.. but there are other ways ;)

Zingil
Apprentice

Post by Zingil » 04 Jul 2011 23:29

Arcon wrote:

It does water down the concept of having reached the highest title in a guild I agree but if the price for avoiding having tea with Lars was slow progress in the Blademaster guild then it was well worth it in my opinion.

But I agree that it is silly that people do this and I guess the situation has become worse with the introduction of death recovery which made the process even faster than before. I like Booger's idea of only adding 'new' xp to the guild stat which, if I understood Booger correctly, means that while on death recovery you would not gain any guildstat at all (though you would still lose a portion of the experience gained as guild tax). Another option would be to have characters suffer a loss in guild stat when they die, just like the loss of normal stats.

Booger's other suggestion, of not subjecting the experience paid as guild tax to the brute factor has its merits as well but would unfortunately necessitate a recalibration of titles and abilities in almost every guild as characters' guild stats would invariably grow significantly larger than they are now.

-Zingil's player

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 05 Jul 2011 11:41

Sorry but NO NO and NO Zingil.
For big players it would be completely useless to join blademasters then.
It would actually completely ruin the guild.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/