Unforgivables

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Booger
Veteran

Unforgivables

Post by Booger » 25 Jul 2011 00:45

zar wrote:
Laurel wrote:
zar wrote:You have life-time ban for killing questmaster in Pelargir from his room and dock quest. I requested to lift it couple of times without response. I think it is over 11 years already.
seems like a fair enough punishment to me - for killing a questmaster for lowbies ...
I was great adventurer when I killed him. There were no warning when I did it.
This has actually bothered me for some time...
When I first got here, I killed Gnimpsh a number of times (great xp, since he has no weapon and no skills). I also killed the dwarven king hundreds of times for his crown (160 after I started counting). None of them are quest masters but both are essential for their quests.
Nikolon & Gastol too... no punishment.
I found out that Hildifons will be angry with you for a month if you attack him, refusing to restore/sell you any museum certificate (as long as you keep it things are ok - just don't lose it).
Get caught spying on the mercs and you will be in bad standing there for about a week, and then you're forgiven.
Seems you can even be a "sworn enemy" to a guild and be forgiven, if you're honest about it, and switch between "evil" and "good" guilds.
But some things are never forgotten and never forgiven. Some actions are irreversable.
* Don't kill or attack <npc> or you will forever suffer <penalty>.
* Don't leave <guild> more than <nr> times or you will never be allowed in again.
* Don't solve <quest> by doing <this> or you will get less/no quest-xp.
* Don't do <this> with quest item <item> or it will be lost forever.
* Don't leave Tutori Isle before solving all quests or you can never solve them (I don't like this one either, but at least the warnings are very clear).

I expect to get caught in most of these problems sooner or later... and report each and every one of them. I don't mind getting killed or being put in bad standing, but to be locked away from parts of the game forever... that's a pretty long time.
Is there really any crime so bad that you need to be punished for it for more than... a year?
I'm biased, of course, being nosey and wanting to try everything. From a role-playing perspective, there might be reasons to be unforgiving. But then it should be very clear that what you are about to do might be _very_ bad for you, right?

I put this in the suggestion box for two reasons:
1. I suggest total amnesty for anything after a year's passing. No penalty should last longer than this. Ie, after a year of doing nothing to further upset the powers, you are forgiven.
2. I've been planning to write a document, listing all dont's, to warn all new players of things they might regret for the rest of their lives. But my area of knowledge is quite limited, so I was thinking maybe someone else would be interested in this task, until I'm done exploring the world (in fifty years or so, give or take a couple of decades)?

Edit: Link to the top quote
Last edited by Booger on 25 Jul 2011 01:17, edited 1 time in total.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Zestana
Expert

Re: Unforgivables

Post by Zestana » 25 Jul 2011 00:49

I was warned by I think Armitace or maybe Zingil, to not kill any of the guards near Minas Tirith or I'd be automatically given ranger outlaw status.

What I find frustrating about that is that if I'm at untrustworthy or lower those guards automaticaly attack me!!!

So if you do make a document please include that in it.

Anahita
Adventurer

Post by Anahita » 25 Jul 2011 00:58

Lifelong penalties are really going too far IMHO. For one, they aren't consistent across the realms so how would people know who to kill and who not to? Secondarially, it denies a player with a character they've played for years a chance to "learn" from their mistakes and evolve, RP or otherwise.

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 25 Jul 2011 02:38

Ok, I started on a document. Doesn't have too much yet, so I added some smaller things as well.
If anyone with some experience wants to take over, feel free to copy from my files. I'll keep going at my own pace.

Thanks, Zestana. MT guards are included.
Good point, Anahita! (and apology accepted - I forgive you :twisted: ;))
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 25 Jul 2011 09:42

Zestana wrote:I was warned by I think Armitace or maybe Zingil, to not kill any of the guards near Minas Tirith or I'd be automatically given ranger outlaw status.

What I find frustrating about that is that if I'm at untrustworthy or lower those guards automaticaly attack me!!!

I'm quite confident they do not, as long you don't knock on MT gates or aren't goblin (or goblin-based).
Besides - being attacked doesn't mean you have to kill them ... does it?

Titan

Post by Avatar » 25 Jul 2011 12:15

Well, seeing as the admin has pardoned deleted players in order to get the player base up, they should be willing to pardon players that have received any of the in-game bans as well.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 25 Jul 2011 12:30

The outlaw status of ME is one of the more idiotic things thought up in the realms.
The most i think is the power the SU has to ban people from an entire domain.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 25 Jul 2011 13:15

amberlee wrote:The most i think is the power the SU has to ban people from an entire domain.
wasn't there also a ban from using items from said place, besides being unable to enter there?

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 25 Jul 2011 14:51

Something like that.
A stupid thing to add to the game none the less.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 25 Jul 2011 15:47

Laurel wrote:
Zestana wrote:I was warned by I think Armitace or maybe Zingil, to not kill any of the guards near Minas Tirith or I'd be automatically given ranger outlaw status.

I'm quite confident they do not, as long you don't knock on MT gates or aren't goblin (or goblin-based).
Besides - being attacked doesn't mean you have to kill them ... does it?
It does not but I find auto-attacking NPC's aggravating and want to kill them for attacking me and I also find myself ending up fatigued near the border guard rooms pretty frequently.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/