Unforgivables

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Unforgivables

Post by gorboth » 26 Jul 2011 05:46

I've considered possibly coding a separate version of the Tutorial areas in which players can solve the quests. One idea I have is to have it be a "dream" you can have from some special bed. Perhaps sleeping at the Inn in Sparkle?

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 26 Jul 2011 12:50

good idea and possibility for newbies to finish quests, which they didnt do. But what with mob size? will they rescale to player who enter there or maybe player will be noob like in enchant quest? :)

Strider
Adept

Post by Strider » 27 Jul 2011 21:20

Booger wrote: I put this in the suggestion box for two reasons:
1. I suggest total amnesty for anything after a year's passing. No penalty should last longer than this. Ie, after a year of doing nothing to further upset the powers, you are forgiven.
2. I've been planning to write a document, listing all dont's, to warn all new players of things they might regret for the rest of their lives. But my area of knowledge is quite limited, so I was thinking maybe someone else would be interested in this task, until I'm done exploring the world (in fifty years or so, give or take a couple of decades)?
Thanks for bringing this up, Booger.

While I agree that forever is too long, especially in a reality where one could have died, changed races or change alignments multiple times since any incident, I don't agree with your blanket solution. For starters, I think that game time (probably measured in character age) is a better time metric than real time. Further, I think there are actions that should require an act of contrition to expunge, not simply quietly waiting out the clock.
The preceding collection of words was presented by Strider's Player.
Any meaning you ascribe to them is most likely due to lucky happenstance or your misinterpretation.

If you'd prefer Strider's opinion, you'll probably have to ask for it in game.

Anahita
Adventurer

Post by Anahita » 27 Jul 2011 21:33

strider wrote:Further, I think there are actions that should require an act of contrition to expunge, not simply quietly waiting out the clock.
An act of contrition is a nice idea, but I would hope that it would be implemented only if a) there is a warning about the consequences of your actions and b) its easy to find out what said act is.

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 27 Jul 2011 22:11

I have no problem with different kinds of solutions, Strider. Would happily welcome a variety of ways to handle different punishments. See the "1 year" as the idea that nobody should have to suffer longer than this (RL time) without any possibility to fix it. If you instead have to grow 50 days older, pay a million pc, collect a thousand troll heads,... most things would be cooler than just having to wait, if someone has the imagination or energy to code it. But it should be theoretically possible to get amnesty within a year if you put some effort into it.
If nobody has the imagination/time/interest, then just put in a simple timer which absolves you after a certain time (max a year).
And yes, naturally it has to be possible to find out what task you need to do.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 27 Jul 2011 22:46

Gelan handles it quite nicely I think.

If you attack the town..
They take away your cadet ring if you had one. Serves you right/who cares.
Can't access cadet rack room to donate but can just dump stuff on the ground there.
They don't let you enter for a while, but quickly forget.
If you didn't sneakily kill all the guards inside first they all rush to defend the gate.
There is also special surprises in store, not insta kill but can definitely get your heart racing when you have fled and are still loosing health.
(Only annoying wizzies kept upping the npc's because people were killing them!!)
Players frequently attacking somewhere like Gelan is good for the game.
"Hey did you see those orcs, they came and killed Gamalus! But one of the orcs died! Then these Calians arrived and attacked them!!! They all ran off into the wastes, c'mon lets go see!"
Mers attacked me once in defence of Gelan. Granted that was years ago.

Also if you attack cadets guild (what sort of sick person would do that : :lol: )
Probably also loose cadet ring if you hadn't already.
Xorfin turns out to be very hard to kill.
Took me a long time to manage it. :twisted:
Then he haunts you for a while avenger style, quite an amusing thing to happen.

But go back in a week or two and its no biggie.

Calians take a bit longer to forgive, ie player controlled but generally never.
Calian guild has a not to deadly but almost impossible to kill guardian.
No one on their enemy list can pass it to enter the palace, it comes alive and attacks.
I know it has been destroyed before, but I have tried with like 10 others and we failed. Hope it is not another case of ok players beat him make him bigger!
I don't understand that reasoning in wizzies.

I don't care much about being on their enemy list, apart from not being able to get into their guild its not a hassle day to day.

Guilds should maybe be more active about pardoning people tho??
Maybe even if they do it quietly without letting the people know. Because if you are an enemy of X already there is not much stopping you acting like one in the future. And the guild should have a list of enemies they actually want revenge on. Probably not many people these days even remember why player X is on their list? Kind of defeats the point.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Strider
Adept

Calian Enemies List

Post by Strider » 28 Jul 2011 00:47

Tarax the Terrible wrote: Calians take a bit longer to forgive, ie player controlled but generally never.
I have limited knowledge of what was done in my absence, but I believe the Calians have actually eventually removed everyone who made an effort to clear things up with guild.
Tarax the Terrible wrote: Because if you are an enemy of X already there is not much stopping you acting like one in the future. And the guild should have a list of enemies they actually want revenge on. Probably not many people these days even remember why player X is on their list? Kind of defeats the point.
Hopefully without going too far off on a tangent... When we were working on constituting the structure of the Calians, there were several competing factors that drove the shape of the Enemies List, and you sort of touch on two of the big ones. First, in order for the Calians to work as the teaming guild, we needed to maintain unit cohesion and one of the things required for that was the ability to communicate with which characters the guild had a problem and restrict teaming with those characters. Perhaps "Enemies List" is an overly dramatic name for a do not team list, but we were still creating the guild thematically. Secondly, at that point the game had plenty of large, established characters but was also bringing in many actually new players, who naturally could not compete with the characters we were adding to the list. As such, it was wholly unacceptable to include the whole guild, including newbies, in player fights simply by acknowledging when a character was not right with the Calians.

The Calians actually have a pretty good institutional memory as to what actions prompted which character to be acknowledged on the list, but suffice to say anyone currently there had been out of keeping with the guild and have not endeavored to correct matters.

[Edited for clarity.]
Last edited by Strider on 28 Jul 2011 18:47, edited 1 time in total.
The preceding collection of words was presented by Strider's Player.
Any meaning you ascribe to them is most likely due to lucky happenstance or your misinterpretation.

If you'd prefer Strider's opinion, you'll probably have to ask for it in game.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 28 Jul 2011 15:49

Everyone on the list have wronged the guild? You absolute sure?
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 28 Jul 2011 16:06

I expect there are also people on the list, that Calians simply do not welcome to their home as a preventive measure.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 28 Jul 2011 16:47

The door to the Palace is lockable, right.
If I was a Calian I would love to see my enemies inside there.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/