Auction House

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Greneth

Auction House

Post by Greneth » 07 Sep 2011 06:15

After listening to a few people complain about Rommik not giving them their money after an item had sold I was talking with someone and thought I might share the idea.

Would it be possible to have an option where you can choose to not collect your funds from sales everytime you enter the tent and instead if you don't choose to pick them up they stay in an account where you can spend them for future auctions?

This would allow people to buy things at any time without needing to stop by a bank which has always been a pain for me when I see something nice but am busy with a guild leader, leading a team in icewall ect.

Nothing important just a cool little feature I thought might be nice.

Booger
Veteran

Re: Auction House

Post by Booger » 07 Sep 2011 10:48

Great suggestion! You have my vote!

Could even be extended to a possibility to insert money to the auction "bank".
Or perhaps Rommik could even make a deal with you and the bank, that money received from a sale will be moved to your account directly, and if you make a bid, money is moved from the bank to Rommik directly. It _is_ more reasonable that money from a bid you make are moved from the bank, 2 steps away from the tent, than from your pocket, when you may be stuck in a dark cave or fighting Balrogs in Moria.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 07 Sep 2011 18:59

Fascinating idea! I do like it.

As for the bugginess ... we're working on getting that fixed. Rommik must have gotten into the sauce again this week.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 07 Oct 2011 22:50

It would seem to be an easy change, since the account feature is already set-up its just the changing of him automatically giving you the balance when you enter to being when you ask for it.

Linking it to bank accounts would be nice, but the gnomes may be wary of such a link.

One thing I would definitely like to see there are containers for grouping items. Display cases?
So you can ask Rommik for a container and put items in it and set the label then sell it as one lot.
eg 100 skunks in it.
Looking at the case would be like looking in a fancy pack, short + long description & quantities of each to work with aulist.

Code: Select all

Item 101 A crystal box containing "some stuff".  (box label set by seller)
Item 102 A crystal chest containing "Irk's Corpse :P"

Aulist 101 
This is a crystal display case of exquisite craftsmanship, neatly arranged in it you see the following.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
100  -  A handful of small purple berries
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The is a handful of purple berries blah blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
25 - A stalk of green grass
You recognise this as witchgrass  blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

Aulist 102
This is a crystal display case of exquisite craftsmanship, neatly arranged in it you see the following.
1  -  A heap with the decayed remians of a gully dwarf
This is the remains of what looks like a gully dwarf
I tried selling a qarraba before but packs are not accepted it seems and aulist probably wouldn't tell them what is inside.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 08 Oct 2011 16:07

Tarax the Terrible wrote:

Code: Select all

Item 102 A crystal chest containing "Irk's Corpse :P"
why me? :(

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/