And he's wearing... what, TWO shields??

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Uther
Great Adventurer

Re: And he's wearing... what, TWO shields??

Post by Uther » 01 Oct 2011 07:14

Sure :) If we can have the same "dragonskin value" as a MBP + shields + helmet. Then I am all for running without armours and just with clothes as a martial arts fantasy/mideval..
YES IMPLEMENT THAT PLEASE NOW!!

But then . He is wearing a <insert shield here> ... Oh no .. it will look silly just running around with just one shield. Omg NERF CHANGE SCREAM ARGH!!!

Perhaps we shall start to class armours while we are on it..

Light All,
Medium All except casters ...
Heavy , fighting guilds, knights, neidars, DA, glads, those who you "know" wears heavy armours.

Shrug ... just a thought..
All comments are made by the player behind Uther, NOT THE CHARACTER UTHER!

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 01 Oct 2011 14:27

I agree that wearing two shields AND being able to move around and hit things is a bit dumb, I also think that wielding two longswords or other big weapons is almost as dumb. Not talking about wielding two weapons and somehow (with a third hand?) manage to throw things. I also think that monks shouldn't be able to wear full armours, but for something like that to work we need different types of weapons/armours. Small/light, medium, large/heavy etc etc. At the moment I cant understand how a knight is supposed to be able to use two swords from the back of a horse without stabing the poor horse by accident. I can accept a large weapon (longsword or a waraxe etc) and a dagger.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 01 Oct 2011 15:37

Just googled around, and it seems fighting with 2 shields is a viable build in D&D 3.5, so apparently it has a precedence outside of Genesis already.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 01 Oct 2011 19:53

And its a Monk... A monk !!! :shock:

hehehe

And btw hes balance looks ok to me. :)
Attachments
Last-Hero-in-China-showdow2.jpg
2 shields :D
Last-Hero-in-China-showdow2.jpg (13.92 KiB) Viewed 2053 times
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Uther
Great Adventurer

Post by Uther » 01 Oct 2011 20:50

Well then we can close this topic and let the 2 shields still exist. :)
All comments are made by the player behind Uther, NOT THE CHARACTER UTHER!

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 01 Oct 2011 21:24

When DO's are limited to use shields that only cover arm area ;)

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 01 Oct 2011 22:59

Alorrana wrote:And its a Monk... A monk !!! :shock:

hehehe

And btw hes balance looks ok to me. :)
He's only smiling because he's standing still and no one's hitting him. Once he enters combat he can't see, he can't move, he can't punch and he can't kick.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 02 Oct 2011 09:41

jibber jabber. I was there.. Hes fighting least 3 elves and 5 trolls here.. and he broke alot of weapons too..

(lies may appear in this text.)

:-P
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Greywolf
Adventurer

Post by Greywolf » 02 Oct 2011 10:28

amberlee wrote:I dont say i disagree with you both, Creed and Uther.
What i AM saying is, find another way to do the same without wearing two shields.
A tweak or two in the code is all thats needed.
Exactly. The DO (and Kaheda) have always relied on 2 shields. This goes back a long way and to think of changing this just because some don't like the concept of wearing two shields is absurd. When something exists in the game for many years without complaint, and that directly effects the way everyone in a guild plays the game, there should be a really good reason to change it.

I have never liked the image of a monk all decked out in armour and wearing two shields. That's not my idea of what my monk should look like so I try not to think of it. I would love for the DO to have an option other than armour such as a defensive spell, specially crafted robes or some new skill maybe. Something that would mean they can't wear armour but still get the AC and which is of course balanced with all the guilds.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 02 Oct 2011 12:40

Greywolf wrote:
amberlee wrote:I dont say i disagree with you both, Creed and Uther.
What i AM saying is, find another way to do the same without wearing two shields.
A tweak or two in the code is all thats needed.
Exactly. The DO (and Kaheda) have always relied on 2 shields. This goes back a long way and to think of changing this just because some don't like the concept of wearing two shields is absurd. When something exists in the game for many years without complaint, and that directly effects the way everyone in a guild plays the game, there should be a really good reason to change it.

I have never liked the image of a monk all decked out in armour and wearing two shields. That's not my idea of what my monk should look like so I try not to think of it. I would love for the DO to have an option other than armour such as a defensive spell, specially crafted robes or some new skill maybe. Something that would mean they can't wear armour but still get the AC and which is of course balanced with all the guilds.
Why not sacrifice armours they find to enhance their own AC?
Much like they do with Karma
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/