And he's wearing... what, TWO shields??

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rhaegar
Legend

Re: And he's wearing... what, TWO shields??

Post by Rhaegar » 03 Nov 2012 17:57

Draugor wrote:What offensive power? :P
For a monk to be able to produce any sort of damage you need to be huge, have zeh magic gloves and max your karma out :P

The two shields are awesome for tanking tho, I however have a hard time seeing any sort of martial artist wearing to big ass towershields while fighting, and doing it effectively :P Armourclasses plx! No armours for monks
Some solution (and very cool RP-wise) is to take Worshippers or Heralds as your layman when you're a monk. Both can provide you with AC boost without the need to wear armours and both can give you heal among other things, which can serve as a form of damage mitigation.
Actually, you'd be quite surprised how much benefit in combat you can get from (theoretically) non-combat laymans. It's just not "straight up" power, more of a subtle thing that sits there in the background and discreetly changes failure into success.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Draugor
Myth

Re: And he's wearing... what, TWO shields??

Post by Draugor » 03 Nov 2012 18:12

Rhaegar wrote:
Draugor wrote:What offensive power? :P
For a monk to be able to produce any sort of damage you need to be huge, have zeh magic gloves and max your karma out :P

The two shields are awesome for tanking tho, I however have a hard time seeing any sort of martial artist wearing to big ass towershields while fighting, and doing it effectively :P Armourclasses plx! No armours for monks
Some solution (and very cool RP-wise) is to take Worshippers or Heralds as your layman when you're a monk. Both can provide you with AC boost without the need to wear armours and both can give you heal among other things, which can serve as a form of damage mitigation.
Actually, you'd be quite surprised how much benefit in combat you can get from (theoretically) non-combat laymans. It's just not "straight up" power, more of a subtle thing that sits there in the background and discreetly changes failure into success.

Best RP solution tbh since the monks have a neutral viewpoint is the Elementals ;) I am not allowed to go into what spells etc they have as I am a member but they are quite nifty and meld VERY well into the RP :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/