Non-violent solution

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Syrk
Rising Hero

Re: Non-violent solution

Post by Syrk » 20 Nov 2011 18:15

Rhaegar wrote:Come to think of it, such system could be implemented in all guilds. People wouldn't go crazy about their brute and lack of ways to get guildstat. Everyone could grind the guildstat tasks (which would also give you regular exp) and to advance in guild ranks you would have to perform tasks specific for the guild, adding more immersion to the game.
So i could do guild quests, get exp, change guild, do quild quests, get exp, change guild...

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 20 Nov 2011 18:22

syrk wrote:
Rhaegar wrote:Come to think of it, such system could be implemented in all guilds. People wouldn't go crazy about their brute and lack of ways to get guildstat. Everyone could grind the guildstat tasks (which would also give you regular exp) and to advance in guild ranks you would have to perform tasks specific for the guild, adding more immersion to the game.
So i could do guild quests, get exp, change guild, do quild quests, get exp, change guild...
Yea, but if you're after straight old-fashion Xp, why not just grind mobs?
Would save you the hassle of changing guilds and taking the punishments from that, not to mention it would probably still be alot faster anyways.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 20 Nov 2011 21:54

Makfly is right. Also, note that after you change guilds you only have access to the most basic quests, which give little xp. Only after you get to higher standing within the guild you get access to tasks that could be considered truly rewarding in terms of experience.

This system's idea is to give alternate solution to regular grinding, not replace it.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Greywolf
Adventurer

Post by Greywolf » 20 Nov 2011 23:55

I love this idea!!

Karpath
Adventurer

Post by Karpath » 21 Nov 2011 05:52

And this is new how ? Well for some it might be. Without giving away too much information, there are certain aspects of the Priesthood that varies with how you perform within the guild from herbing to emotes.

- Me.
It is the fluttering of moths to the flame that amuses me.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 21 Nov 2011 18:11

Karpath wrote:And this is new how ? Well for some it might be. Without giving away too much information, there are certain aspects of the Priesthood that varies with how you perform within the guild from herbing to emotes.

- Me.
And such things are implemented among how many of the existing guilds (OOC and LAY included)? Please do remind me.

Also, I don't remember tasks in PoT giving you normal experience, just guildstat.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Karpath
Adventurer

Post by Karpath » 26 Nov 2011 22:01

Rhaegar wrote:
Karpath wrote:And this is new how ? Well for some it might be. Without giving away too much information, there are certain aspects of the Priesthood that varies with how you perform within the guild from herbing to emotes.

- Me.
And such things are implemented among how many of the existing guilds (OOC and LAY included)? Please do remind me.

Also, I don't remember tasks in PoT giving you normal experience, just guildstat.
It is not coded into any other guilds I know of. The Priesthood it unique compared to many other, if not all other guilds, in that way. Which is why I absolutely love the Priesthood despite what flaws it might have, coding aspect, presently. I will not tell what tasks there are and so forth for obvious reasons.

- Me
It is the fluttering of moths to the flame that amuses me.

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 29 Nov 2011 16:41

Karpath wrote:
Rhaegar wrote:

- Me.

It is not coded into any other guilds I know of. The Priesthood it unique compared to many other, if not all other guilds, in that way. Which is why I absolutely love the Priesthood despite what flaws it might have, coding aspect, presently. I will not tell what tasks there are and so forth for obvious reasons.

- Me
Don't the Knights have something like this as well?

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 27 Apr 2012 10:50

I know its been awhile since this was posted.. but I still wading through the posts I've missed.

Laurel -- I didn't see your opinion on this one..we could all use some of your enlightened perspective here. Can you please post something so I can form my opinion? I'd hate to not have it mesh properly.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/