Character size inflation

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
OgreToyBoy
Champion

Re: Character size inflation

Post by OgreToyBoy » 13 Aug 2012 21:57

Are just too many quests and they are too important for character growth.
Cap stats harder and starting lower. Make questxp much less important, have
characters buy skills for their questxp and make combat more skill-based.
10M questxp might grant you 10 combatskill levels or 30 non combat ones.

With harder statcap you can allow more xp from kills as it wont matter much
and allow smaller characters to catch up. Have you only recieving full xp from
a kill once every day or something, and less each clear of that room.

Don't think any of the large players would mind not having to keep botting behind
their friend(s) for eternity to show up on a silly list. With that I'd like toplist to
get axed, perhaps change it and show last week's grower, top killer (# kills),
triggered played time, collector and/or spender etc.

Todeloo

edit: Also have ppl over statcap loose xp over cap upon death, non recoverable.

Ragni
Wanderer

Post by Ragni » 13 Aug 2012 22:56

A work in progress but part way to having quest solutions on-line

http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/w/page ... t-quite%29

Idea is to give a bit more information that the quest orbs without going the whole way of a complete walkthru.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 13 Aug 2012 22:58

Ragni wrote:A work in progress but part way to having quest solutions on-line

Idea is to give a bit more information that the quest orbs without going the whole way of a complete walkthru.
While there isn't staff to officially develop this from the wizard-end, having the community participate in a site like this one Ragni has started (which is EXCELLENT btw) is something I fully endorse. I especially like how it is geared toward being useful, while at the same time keeping the spirit of Genesis alive by not simply being a full walkthrough, but being a more fleshed out method of hints and support for questing.

Check it out!

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 13 Aug 2012 23:18

yeah, Ragni site is cool (maps, quests etc - all the stuff together in one place can be veeery helpful)
but still, there are many quests (old ones) IMPOSSIBLE to solve without direct solution (good work on new, funny ones POSSIBLE to solve - sparkle, labal in terel etc)

Ragni
Wanderer

Post by Ragni » 13 Aug 2012 23:42

Kvator wrote:yeah, Ragni site is cool (maps, quests etc - all the stuff together in one place can be veeery helpful)
but still, there are many quests (old ones) IMPOSSIBLE to solve without direct solution (good work on new, funny ones POSSIBLE to solve - sparkle, labal in terel etc)
What I hope to do once the site is completed and I've done all the quests is come up with a list of suggestions for improving the quests. These would be in terms of improving the syntax, making the main quest NPCs easier to find/more obvious, changes to the quest orbs etc.

One example is the Element Quest in Cadu, it took me six or seven attempts to find the right bottle to drop down the hole.
I went round the domain and bought every drink I could find in attempt to right bottle.

Whether anything would ever come of these suggestions is up to the Wizards. Maybe I should apply to become a Wiz and set-up myself a task of updating quest syntax etc.
Last edited by Ragni on 13 Aug 2012 23:45, edited 1 time in total.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 13 Aug 2012 23:44

It would be fantastic to develop this - particularly a way for each quest to allow community involvement to suggest ways to improve it or bring it up to modern standards. This would then stand a chance of becoming an invaluable resource for wizards who felt like updating old quests.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 13 Aug 2012 23:46

OgreToyBoy wrote: ...I'd like toplist to get axed, perhaps change it and show last week's grower, top killer (# kills), triggered played time, collector and/or spender etc.
The reason I fixed was that many people again and again asked for it to be fixed. I always got the impression the majority of players liked it. Maybe it makes people grind more, I dont know, but if it keeps some people playing at all I think thats nice. I doubt the list makes people not play...

It's possible to change what type of things are shown, but I cant think of anything that's missing, and I dont really think anything needs to be removed to be honest.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 14 Aug 2012 10:36

Ragni wrote:A work in progress but part way to having quest solutions on-line

I hope you don't mind me linking your page on our FB forum. Nice work there.

Ragni
Wanderer

Post by Ragni » 14 Aug 2012 12:45

Of course not and thanks.

Bertram
Beginner

Post by Bertram » 14 Aug 2012 20:34

Good idea of giving more info on the quests, even though it has been proposed many times before. The quest files are known to advanced players anyway, no secret about that. The quests stories could be one of the important selling points of the game for a potential new player. Many game productions publish their screenshots and trailers, we can show what interesting stories we have to walk through. I bet many random visitors could get interested after seeing some walkthroughs on the web page.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/