Attracting wizards/players from other MUDs or elsewhere

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Attracting wizards/players from other MUDs or elsewhere

Post by gorboth » 18 Jun 2013 15:33

And, yet, that's what you're left with. :-)

4 kids, job, slated to be grandfather soon. Sorry - no time to do both! I'd rather do one as well as I can than both poorly. Plus, there is the *very* relevant argument that few wizards have been able to maintain an active mortal and not be corrupted by their own mortal's interests. Back when I had an active mortal, and an active wizard ... well, I was a mess.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 21 Jun 2013 01:24

Draugor wrote: talk to three people about the same thing and you're bound to get three answers.
Yes, and that's a good thing :) The important thing here is obviously to realzie the need to talk to all three and not just one of them, in order to get more information and different perspectives on issues. But it seems to me that the current wizzes are smart enough to do that.
Draugor wrote: I understand that you dont have that much time, so create some alt and just play for a few hours a couple of days a week and actually really try the shit out thats been created so you can get in touch with the game again, making stuff for something you no longer dont know anything about sounds kinda F***** up
I actually think that he might in some ways have a better perspective for not being in the middle of it. Perhaps in some ways worse too, but I'd say it evens out. The important thing, in my opinion, is that the wizards listen a lot and talk to the players.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 21 Jun 2013 08:24

Recoba wrote:
Draugor wrote: talk to three people about the same thing and you're bound to get three answers.
Yes, and that's a good thing :) The important thing here is obviously to realzie the need to talk to all three and not just one of them, in order to get more information and different perspectives on issues. But it seems to me that the current wizzes are smart enough to do that.
Draugor wrote: I understand that you dont have that much time, so create some alt and just play for a few hours a couple of days a week and actually really try the shit out thats been created so you can get in touch with the game again, making stuff for something you no longer dont know anything about sounds kinda F***** up
I actually think that he might in some ways have a better perspective for not being in the middle of it. Perhaps in some ways worse too, but I'd say it evens out. The important thing, in my opinion, is that the wizards listen a lot and talk to the players.
Aye but if you get three different answers a good tiebreaker is to try it out and see it first hand.

And yes, its important that they listen to players, but they should ask MORE players than 2-3, alot of wizards have theire "go to" guys and thus they only hear the same 2-3 views, hence why the forum and votes should be used alot more, ALOT more

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 21 Jun 2013 16:34

There are a lot of players who DONT use the forums because they can't stand the pervasive mood of comments here. Do their votes not mean anything?
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/