Death

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rhaegar
Legend

Death

Post by Rhaegar » 02 Nov 2012 08:39

The hot topic of death penalty has been discussed many times before, but I guess no one ever rised the idea of turning it into a system found across most modern MMOs: You lose exp on death but no matter how many times you die you can't drop below your level.
In other words, once you reach a certain mortal level, you can't ever drop down.

Impact:
- speeding up growth at lower levels
- lesser fear of death at higher levels (once you reach myth, you'll stay myth)
- no more guildstat farming by dying multiple times (still possible but vastly reduced in effectiveness at the higher end of the bracket)
- encouraging PvP
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Irk
Rising Hero

Re: Death

Post by Irk » 02 Nov 2012 14:56

hmmm what in that case, I am myth, I can die twice and I am still myth in current system. In your system nothing change for me and recovery will still work?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Nov 2012 15:51

Irk wrote:hmmm what in that case, I am myth, I can die twice and I am still myth in current system. In your system nothing change for me and recovery will still work?
Well your stats would change all the way down to the tiniest myth possible if you die repeatedly, but you cant go lower than that. So if you die at tiny myth nothing happens at all I assume?

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 02 Nov 2012 16:05

as a tiny myth is all clear, but what with huge myths? recovery system will stay or not?
In my opinion for PvP is good to not loose exp, like in MMO. This way players will engage fight more often and stay in room to death maybe. PvP should be fun for everyone, even if you lost. You will learn and next time revange, quite soon, not after rebuilding stats. Remember you lost all eq when die, so it is enough punishment (in MMO your eq dull 5-10%).

However Rhaegar solutions is much better than actual system, especially for small players, which sometimes die, because of belonging to the same guild, which attakcer is and for someone is enough reason to attack all members.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Nov 2012 16:18

Irk wrote:as a tiny myth is all clear, but what with huge myths? recovery system will stay or not?
In my opinion for PvP is good to not loose exp, like in MMO. This way players will engage fight more often and stay in room to death maybe. PvP should be fun for everyone, even if you lost. You will learn and next time revange, quite soon, not after rebuilding stats. Remember you lost all eq when die, so it is enough punishment (in MMO your eq dull 5-10%).

However Rhaegar solutions is much better than actual system, especially for small players, which sometimes die, because of belonging to the same guild, which attakcer is and for someone is enough reason to attack all members.
I m assuming recovery would still be in place even for huge myths...? Its Rhaegar's idea, he'll have to decide that.:)

It's an interesting idea, although if you decide to stay "tiny" myth the danger is removed form the game and you're basically immortal if you're satisified with not growing anymore. And it goes for all levels, each time you reach a new level you can try all sorts of dangerous stuff because death doesnt matter until you decide to start growing again.

Not saying its a bad idea because of that, but just pointing out a potential side effect.

As for PVP I could not agree more. I should be fun for both sides, winning and losing. Or rather, winning should be fun, and losing should make you wanna win, not demoralize you and make you dont wanna play again.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 02 Nov 2012 16:27

Bullshit.
If you take away risk in PvP(losing gear is NOT a risk)
Then there is NO incentive for people not to harrass others.
People WILL killsteal, people will kill others just for the stuff they have(Ad they already do but those are isolated incidents still)
And so what if they get whacked once or twice?? Doesnt matter because they just kill some smaller player that walks around with good stuff and basically have NO chance at getting even.

So yeah.. Very bad idea
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 02 Nov 2012 16:37

if you kill only for stuff, you will loose it, cuz other from the guild will hunt you :) Maybe even allies will join it, so yes something will happen in game, interaction between players, good or murderus, but still, game will be alive, so yes, you are wrong, it is VERY GOOD IDEA! :D

It is doubtful smaller player will have anything interesting in inventory for bigger player, so only killstuff will be between big players, who arent very easy to kill and are members of a guild (good or evil), so everyone will think twice before the attack only for stuff.

What is more important, maybe again players will fight, when for example Knight meet DA soldier, thats how it should look like :D

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 02 Nov 2012 17:07

You are just plain and simple wrong.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 02 Nov 2012 17:20

great argument, you convince me, I am totally wrong :) :lol:

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 02 Nov 2012 18:08

If you took away deathpenalty why would anyone even care about PvP? And wasn't PvP a way to try to control players growth/size?

I would like to see a harsh death penalty that affect size and not xp so you can't use it to raise guild xp but that would recover slowly over time naturaly. You could even change the name "death" to severly injured and come up with cool penalties depending on where the killing blow landed or how you died. Broken limbs/bones, cracked skull, total brain-melt etc etc

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/