Bring the War

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Greneth

Bring the War

Post by Greneth » 17 Nov 2012 14:10

Uthers post got me thinking a bit. With scaling mobs and I'm sure this has been posted somewhere before. Critique, brainstorm just don't complain about other updates. Its just an idea.

With scaling mobs anyone can participate anywhere. And now with enchantments depending on which a mob has is almost like running into a unique mob in diablo. If you just stop there all that essentially has been done is create more grinding grounds. Now, if you bring the Krynn Warzones to all of the donut with sections that are claimable...

What could be created would bring player interaction, buffs for holding/claiming, specialized eq, nearly anything you could think of.

Holding all of a area depending on which could give a powerful guild buff, able to pillage the lands for resources filling the coffers with coins, eq that can only be obtained that way, herbs ect.

Coffers can improve soldiers, buy guild buffs be used towards training new members, adding a boss npc to an area.

Draugor
Myth

Re: Bring the War

Post by Draugor » 17 Nov 2012 16:18

Krynn warzones are almost dead tho due to lazy DA soldiers :P

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 17 Nov 2012 18:01

Greneth: Well yeah, such a system has been discussed several times. And fixing the Krynn warsystem has been "in progress" for half a decade, at least. It's pretty obvious it would be a nice addition with rewards and other new features. But well... we need an interested wizard with time enough to make it happen. Want the job? You'd probably be welcomed with open arms.

I think areas with rewards involving, if not entire Genesis, but at least the opposing Krynn and perhaps ME guilds would be really cool. And if those guilds could use commands like "enlist player x" and/or "ally with guild y" then everyone who wanted could be involved in the conflict, and those who dont can chose to stay out of it.

That would make playerfights meaningful and rewarding instead of only risk of a harsh penalty without any real gain, as it is now.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 17 Nov 2012 18:04

Draugor wrote:Krynn warzones are almost dead tho due to lazy DA soldiers :P
And because there is absolutely no point in holding an area. Actually, your guild benefits more from NOT conquering an area since that means you can use it to grind there. The plains are a pretty decent grinding area, especially for DA's and other evils... so there's really no use in conquering the areas. All you do is hand over some free XP to your opponents. Any type of reward for holding areas would probably spark some interest in holding areas, and maybe even cause some type of interaction.

But again, need a wizard who wants to and have the time to code those rewards to make it happen.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 17 Nov 2012 18:51

Cherek wrote:
And because there is absolutely no point in holding an area. Actually, your guild benefits more from NOT conquering an area since that means you can use it to grind there. The plains are a pretty decent grinding area, especially for DA's and other evils... so there's really no use in conquering the areas. All you do is hand over some free XP to your opponents. Any type of reward for holding areas would probably spark some interest in holding areas, and maybe even cause some type of interaction.

But again, need a wizard who wants to and have the time to code those rewards to make it happen.

Agreed, the RP of holding them is no enough for most anymore :P And the extremely slight rumoured lowering of guildtax aint that good either >.< Gief real rewards!

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 18 Nov 2012 01:11

Actually it's for all the best option if KoS hold the plains. Easiest exp (no dfear, no blocks, no wounds, no stuns) and best eq for cash. Well - it's not best for KoS, cause they cannot gain anything there ...
Best for SU would be DA troops, but who cares for SU - they don't themselves ;)
Best for KoS would be DA troops as well, but ... noone wants to play this way :(

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 18 Nov 2012 01:57

Cherek wrote:

Wasn't it way back then that your guild tax depended on areas you hold? This way you could get OCC guild with close to LAY tax while the enemy's tax skyrocketed to the point of being in multiple OCC guilds at the same time. I always found it nice, and I think it would be even nicer now that the game is so grind-oriented to make it worthwile for people to actually do RP stuff and conquer some areas before grinding or they'll get severely gimped otherwise.

I guess now it somehow turned into "which guild has better racks" and nothing beyond that point.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 25 Nov 2012 07:40

I think it's funny when you refer to DA in the plural.

-B

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/