New NPC in Sparkle

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kiara
Champion

Re: New NPC in Sparkle

Post by Kiara » 15 Jan 2014 20:48

Mumon: Aha. Yeah that could work. Nice creativity there!

Although if it mainly works like a mail client where you can paste logs and have them saved (wrapped in RP), it does open up the possibilities to... I dont know, abuse it somehow? If you can paste whatever you want from your "memory"..

Hmmm..

But yeah I can see it working. The NPC puts you in a trance and ask you to "remember" things. Could definitely work!

Another question though is... would people use it? It's still simpler to just mail the log to your council than meeting up and have them tap your memory stone, etc. Maybe people should be able to access other peoples memories even if they arent in the same room or even logged in...? hmm...

Sorry for just discovering problems!

Mumon
Wanderer

Post by Mumon » 15 Jan 2014 23:57

I don't know if people would use it :)

OOC is probably always less effort than in-character, so I guess it depends on how much people care about RP.

I came up w/ this idea in response to complaints about mailed/posted logs beeing OOC. It was meant as an alternative to laboriously writing accounts based on logs, while still staying in character. I like the idea myself, and I think it's a pretty nifty solution to the problem, but ultimately it's the Imms that decide if this is high priority or not :)

/M

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 16 Jan 2014 03:06

mumon wrote:I don't know if people would use it :)

OOC is probably always less effort than in-character, so I guess it depends on how much people care about RP.

I came up w/ this idea in response to complaints about mailed/posted logs beeing OOC. It was meant as an alternative to laboriously writing accounts based on logs, while still staying in character. I like the idea myself, and I think it's a pretty nifty solution to the problem, but ultimately it's the Imms that decide if this is high priority or not :)

/M
Well I think its a cool idea. Thats why I bothered with asking follow up questions!:)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/