Maximum skill and imbuements

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zar
Hero

Maximum skill and imbuements

Post by Zar » 02 Jan 2014 21:05

Hi

Most of guilds allow to learn main weaponry skill to superior guru (some after quest)
Which makes weapon imbuements partially useless.

Idea: Introduce additional levels of skill: X and Y (example mentor)
These twenty levels won't be trainable by any guild but will be considered in any calculations skill is used

It will help with other skill imbuements like defence and parry.

What do you think?

gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Maximum skill and imbuements

Post by gorboth » 02 Jan 2014 23:38

The game is balanced to function with combat skills that do not exceed superior guru. If we allowed them to exceed that level, many things stand a chance to go astray. For example, there are many guild special attacks that take your skills levels into account. Having skill levels above the global max, therefore, would almost certainly result in guild specials that far exceed what we deem already very difficult-to-achieve balance.

Petros, though, will have the final word on this.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 03 Jan 2014 08:00

I think that people get too high skills nowadays even without imbuements. It seems that almost every combat guild has been scaled up in this regard (especially the defensive skills).

I mean, Gladiators for example had sup master defence and sup craft parry for years and suddenly, after recode, they get sup master in both. Mercs now can get sup guru in no less than 4 combat skills too (and yes, I still think that mercs shouldn't be able to get anything up to sup guru). What the hell happened?
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 03 Jan 2014 11:19

Zhar wrote:I think that people get too high skills nowadays even without imbuements. It seems that almost every combat guild has been scaled up in this regard (especially the defensive skills).

I mean, Gladiators for example had sup master defence and sup craft parry for years and suddenly, after recode, they get sup master in both. Mercs now can get sup guru in no less than 4 combat skills too (and yes, I still think that mercs shouldn't be able to get anything up to sup guru). What the hell happened?

I agree 100%

sup guru should NOT be the standard.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 03 Jan 2014 12:13

Standard or not, it shouldn't be easily achievable and widely available. It makes all the +skill items/herbs/imbuements/spells much less valuable, removes a whole level of possible character differences, playstyles etc.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 03 Jan 2014 12:24

Specials and stats should have less impact and skills should have bigger impact.

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 03 Jan 2014 14:23

That's why I made this suggestion
I have ideas about implementation without harming the game.
I'll contact Gorboth in game

But we must agree first that this change is desired

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 03 Jan 2014 14:54

zar wrote:That's why I made this suggestion

As it is right now it wouldn't be a good thing. People are too powerful as it is and there shouldn't be anymore ways of getting even more.
First a nerf of every guild and player is needed.

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 13 Jan 2014 23:01

arcon wrote:

As it is right now it wouldn't be a good thing. People are too powerful as it is and there shouldn't be anymore ways of getting even more.
While I don't disagree I believe certain NPCs were made to powerful because people didn't want them killed by just "anyone". Emerald Orc Captain, Thanar and his forever-heal, Mergula, Elf Captain in Qual and his healing barrage. Could go on but you get the point. Instead of fixing issues like you are suggesting, the X-wizard community just made things harder and harder. I don't think no Single NPC should be impossible to kill by a single player in real"ism" terms. In Fantasy as in the game, all NPCS were pretty much slain or defeated by a "hero" so why does it take a team of 10 to kill some npcs?

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 14 Jan 2014 00:07

Alexi wrote:
arcon wrote:

While I don't disagree I believe certain NPCs were made to powerful because people didn't want them killed by just "anyone". Emerald Orc Captain, Thanar and his forever-heal, Mergula, Elf Captain in Qual and his healing barrage. Could go on but you get the point. Instead of fixing issues like you are suggesting, the X-wizard community just made things harder and harder. I don't think no Single NPC should be impossible to kill by a single player in real"ism" terms. In Fantasy as in the game, all NPCS were pretty much slain or defeated by a "hero" so why does it take a team of 10 to kill some npcs?
To create challenges, need for preparation and teamwork.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/