Kiara's quick fix for PVP

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Chanele
Champion

Re: Kiara's quick fix for PVP

Post by Chanele » 08 Feb 2014 18:19

Supreme is too big. No new player will ever want to wait years to be able to reach max level, let alone compete with people. This is a way to balance the game, it isn't the way to grow it.
It will be quite hard to reach max level but it will be much easier to compete on fairly simular grounds. If you pick a race with bonuses to certain stats you can reach a supreme stats at titan...

With this system no player will have more HP/Mana than supreme which is what I find most "unbalanced". There are people out there with higher stat than supreme which would equal several intense imbues, still they are are extremely weak and most likely afraid of rats in Sparkle. This is a broken part of the game in my eyes.

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 08 Feb 2014 18:59

Chanele wrote:
Supreme is too big. No new player will ever want to wait years to be able to reach max level, let alone compete with people. This is a way to balance the game, it isn't the way to grow it.
It will be quite hard to reach max level but it will be much easier to compete on fairly simular grounds. If you pick a race with bonuses to certain stats you can reach a supreme stats at titan...

With this system no player will have more HP/Mana than supreme which is what I find most "unbalanced". There are people out there with higher stat than supreme which would equal several intense imbues, still they are are extremely weak and most likely afraid of rats in Sparkle. This is a broken part of the game in my eyes.
Nah. Supreme isnt too big. It will keep stats at a reasonable level, and someone with epic/immortals (which is fairly doable even for a non-grinder) will still be able to compete.

Even I who dislike grinding think it would be a reasonable cap. Yes it pretty high sure, but someone with "only" supreme stats wont be a huge "monster" like the biggest people today are. Even I have almost one supreme stat... sure the others arent great, but still...:) There's always imbues too to boost the smaller people.

Everyone got get capped combat stats fairly easily by becoming ogres though... dont know if that is good or bad? Or would these caps not count such a special race modifier? What about imbues? If you have supreme tats and wear an imbue, does anything happen? There are a few things to consider...

Another thing to consider is...

The idea with additional skill points once you reached the cap has been suggested several times before. I think it was a good idea years ago, and I think it's still a good idea. It would probably require some work though, since I am guessing large part of the world doesn't care about having over 100 in a skill? Since the game is designed with 100 as maximum? Although I guess we can lower the maximum skill for "non myths" to sup master, but that would probably involve a lot of work too?

Anyway, other benefits than stats has always seemed like a good idea to me.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 08 Feb 2014 21:10

Mersereau wrote:
Zhar wrote:Supreme is too big. No new player will ever want to wait years to be able to reach max level, let alone compete with people. This is a way to balance the game, it isn't the way to grow it.
Once again your stance is to play whack-a-mole on existing players. Why not boost smaller players?
Easy thing to do. We will change the lift king quest in dwarfheim to give enough cexp in addition to qexp to give everyone who does it supreme stats. But then you'll simply say that it's not fair because of all the "years of hard work" you had to put into it in comparison. And I still think it would break the game further.

Now please tell me. In theory, if by pure chance your character's (and only yours) data got corrupted, without the way to retrieve it. Would you start a new one? Would you play the game again from scratch as it is?

I don't think anyone who started playing all those years ago imagined themselves sticking for so many years, grinding mobs day in and day out for even the tiniest scrap of xp...
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 08 Feb 2014 21:53

Zhar wrote: Easy thing to do. We will change the lift king quest in dwarfheim to give enough cexp in addition to qexp to give everyone who does it supreme stats. But then you'll simply say that it's not fair because of all the "years of hard work" you had to put into it in comparison. And I still think it would break the game further.

Now please tell me. In theory, if by pure chance your character's (and only yours) data got corrupted, without the way to retrieve it. Would you start a new one? Would you play the game again from scratch as it is?

I don't think anyone who started playing all those years ago imagined themselves sticking for so many years, grinding mobs day in and day out for even the tiniest scrap of xp...
If I had all the quest solutions? Sure I would. It's been proven you can get to myth in 6 months to a year.

For the record, I know that's not how they handle cases like that anyway, so really it's a silly hypothetical.

Anyway, wouldn't it be better to make it easier and more fun for newer players -and seconds, I never rolled one anyway- to level quicker? Perhaps a cap on a character's brute given their mortal level?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 08 Feb 2014 21:58

There were such suggestions in the past but people turned them down because it would supposedly be unfair towards the part of population that had to put in much more effort to do the same in the past.

And there's another layer to that. How many myths can the game support? It could either go very well (people competing for prime hunting grounds running into fights etc.) or very bad (for exactly the same reason). It could also go perfectly well, but it's all just guesswork. I still think that making people smaller would be better for the game, it could support larger number of players while still providing for some tension. Not to mention increased challenge level at the high end and other possibilities I mentioned (fully fledged OCC guilds that don't give you anything in terms of combat skills and specials), which could enhance the experience.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 09 Feb 2014 07:32

Zhar wrote:There were such suggestions in the past but people turned them down because it would supposedly be unfair towards the part of population that had to put in much more effort to do the same in the past.

And there's another layer to that. How many myths can the game support? It could either go very well (people competing for prime hunting grounds running into fights etc.) or very bad (for exactly the same reason). It could also go perfectly well, but it's all just guesswork. I still think that making people smaller would be better for the game, it could support larger number of players while still providing for some tension. Not to mention increased challenge level at the high end and other possibilities I mentioned (fully fledged OCC guilds that don't give you anything in terms of combat skills and specials), which could enhance the experience.
With hard cap, you don't need much XP areas for myths. They have their stats maxxed.

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 09 Feb 2014 07:33

Zhar wrote:
Mersereau wrote:
Zhar wrote:Supreme is too big. No new player will ever want to wait years to be able to reach max level, let alone compete with people. This is a way to balance the game, it isn't the way to grow it.
Once again your stance is to play whack-a-mole on existing players. Why not boost smaller players?
Easy thing to do. We will change the lift king quest in dwarfheim to give enough cexp in addition to qexp to give everyone who does it supreme stats. But then you'll simply say that it's not fair because of all the "years of hard work" you had to put into it in comparison. And I still think it would break the game further.

I would, but grinding is not the most painful part. Questing is... repeating quests especially which you have done couple of time is ANNOYING

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 09 Feb 2014 07:35

Mersereau wrote: Such a guild would probably pay 90% tax. It would be powerful yes, but you wouldn't grow much at all.

The only issue to another player would be what that guild can do to them in a PVP setting.
Gimme "Zap" special that kills everything instantly with zero cooldown and I will be ok with 99.9% tax.
:)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/