Krynn War- it has the pottiential and its already there!

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Atouth
Beginner

Krynn War- it has the pottiential and its already there!

Post by Atouth » 07 Oct 2014 15:56

Hello to everybody,

I have been reading this forum since the beggining, but only now posting?

As propably everybody I would love this realm to be filled with strange guys like me. But after reading all about potiential improvements, projects ( pvp arena - you got my taste! where the duck its hiding? ) and so on, and I arrived at a point. And it motto is: it has the pottiential and its already there! And as I would love to say here many wise things ( as I am full of bright ideas .. ) I will rather directly serve the meat:

Ladies and gentleman: Krynn War System!

Firstly - it matches my motto. So with relatively little work we can make it really fun and rewarding. Below the details:

Its potiential:

- its great to conquer, hold and take pride in its pure state
- its great to annoy the enemy guild
- it can be expanded / accept more guilds

My humble ideas, groupped:

Fields itself:

- When the field is hold for longer than x:
---> not only the number of units will increase but its power will grow ( to a certain level of course )

- When the field is hold for longer than xx:
---> few spots will gain the ability to call ( when attacked ) the units close to them, from nearby places

- When the field is hold for longer than xxx:
---> on one / few spots a tent will apear, so called base is set! And here you can put a leader, possible
place for theme equipment?
---> all units on a field recieve a buff, strong booze, funny hat?
---> Invite more guilds to the play = add more fields

General ideas:

- Add a title for guild holding group of areas for x
- Make funding possible but difficult / bloody exp. ensive

I might have some more but thats just a start for now, need to finish.

M
Last edited by Atouth on 07 Oct 2014 17:23, edited 1 time in total.

gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Krynn War- it has the pottiential and its already there!

Post by gorboth » 07 Oct 2014 16:52

I love all these ideas. Maybe Arman would want to do this after he gets done with all his fancy maps! ;-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 07 Oct 2014 17:47

Atouth: Welcome as a forum poster!:) How interesting you suddenly decided to write something after so many years reading.:)

I, and other have had many ideas on the War System during the years, and there's been plenty of discussions both here and upstairs about it. I actually even started to code some new rewards back when I was a Krynn wizard many years ago. Me and Navarre was gonna give it go, unfortunately we both went missing from the realms and since then I dont think much has been done. If anything. But I agree with you, most of the system for a really fun PvP area is already there, it just needs a few tweaks and additions and it could be great.

I like your ideas. Just one thing. One of the most important thing from previous discussions to remember I think, is that there has to be a pretty substantial reward for holding areas.

As it is now, it's the opposite, knights and dwarves provide pretty good XP. So there's no real reason (other than RP) for a DA to actually conquer the plains. All they do is to remove a decent XP ground for their guild. Which isn't a reward at all. So if we would do as you suggest, with growing enemies and EQ drops etc (which I like), then it would mean it's even more rewarding to NOT conquer a plain.

So, the reward for holding a plain must always outweigh the rewards gained from fighting on the plains I think, or it will backfire. I do not think RP only will be enough. And I dont think it should be enough either.

Anyway, if anyone would like to take it on, there's lots of unused potential in the war system.

Atouth
Beginner

Post by Atouth » 07 Oct 2014 17:52

And few more things.

If this system would be evolved I believe it will lead to some player to player actions. When there is baby you feed, protect and see growing - you might get bloody engaged into the process.

Another ideas:

Buff:

- it was said it was a possible reward in pvp arena, for a guild. Why not make it a reward for holding some huge part of existing areas. Or when you make a group of areas, why not make one gave you:

--> area A / known as whisky region, gives a person a permanent booze smell, little healing boost without drinking

--> area B / known as thief hideout, awareness+hide+sneak buff ( units on this area might be hidden, or so )

--> area C / muscle den, bonus to str but a burdening one

And the units standings on such areas might have some are specific benefits. Thus, some areas might be crucial for some guilds. Welcome booze hill, honour glade and bloody pit!

From the other view. One area might be swampy - movement will be difficult. Another one will make you sober quickly. No magic cave next to physical weakness den. I can like this for long, slap me!

And correct me if I'm wrong Arman - this should be all possible? Of course I let it for wizzies to decide, but I strongly believe its a shot worth taking. Getting few weirdoos to test some new mechanics might quite easy - I think they will form a little line.

In last words - we need spice and rewards, honour plus little power. Then we might spend an hour. This was said many times and I see a field for it.

Correct me but I saw over 40 in the game yesterday? Grasp the moment I shout!

A
Last edited by Atouth on 07 Oct 2014 18:10, edited 1 time in total.

Atouth
Beginner

Post by Atouth » 07 Oct 2014 18:05

Re: Cherek

I agree with you point that holding a field might be more revarding. Look above at the buff idea, and I encourage everyone to storm here. Make some creative mess.

Another thing - field exp. But let's leave this for now..

I have some other ideas, but I think I rather point few directions to wizzies. They might like to suprise us after all.

A

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 07 Oct 2014 18:08

Atouth wrote:Re: Cherek

I agree with you point that holding a field might be more revarding. Look above at the buff idea, and I encourage everyone to storm here. Make some creative mess.

Another thing - field exp. But let's leave this for now..

I have some other ideas, but I think I rather point few directions to wizzies. They might like to suprise us after all.

A
I am just throwing it out there but, you ever considered trying out wizhood yourself? We could always use inspired people who want to fix something they feel strongly for. Like you with the war system.

Atouth
Beginner

Post by Atouth » 07 Oct 2014 18:13

Re Cherek.

As for wizhood. To be honest for now I'm enjoying playing too much. But I will try to give as much support as possible for any work in war system.

Name it coordinating some kind of brainstorm workgroup - I might cope with it.

A

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 07 Oct 2014 21:34

Don't you dare try to recruit a soldier of mine to wizhood!

One simple change I think would be great would be to donate to the war coffer with our own money.

Say the Knight (lol... knights) take over the Nightlund Plains and the heroic BDA (hurray!) take it over. Instead of waiting, we can head back to the guild and donate our own plat or gold to speed up bringing units into the area.

I'd also like to see other areas added to be conquered.

Hmm... just a quick thought, if a certain guild is losing plains to another, maybe some troops could "retreat" to another war area making conquering all the plains much more of a challenge.

I dunno, just throwing stuff out there.

-B

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 08 Oct 2014 04:04

Atouth wrote:Re Cherek.

As for wizhood. To be honest for now I'm enjoying playing too much. But I will try to give as much support as possible for any work in war system.

Name it coordinating some kind of brainstorm workgroup - I might cope with it.

A
Okay. I get that. At least I tried.:)

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 08 Oct 2014 12:31

Hey guys, great conversation!

I had a chat with Navarre about it... he had some great stuff (including a couple of the suggestions mentioned here ;) ) in development, but had to shelve them due to other coding and RL priorities.

It is back on our list of things-to-do. There are a couple of other priorities that have to come first though. Once they are out of the way we'll be able to put our focus back on the warfare regions :).

Keep the discussion going though! Wizards haven't cornered the market on great ideas... and we are always happy to hear from the creative mortals! Just remember that simple ideas that can be easily implemented are more likely to be in the short term :).

A.K

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/