Krynn War + PVP arena

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Atouth
Beginner

Krynn War + PVP arena

Post by Atouth » 20 Nov 2014 15:41

Hello everybody,

Here I go again with the war fields. But a crazy idead came to my head!

Some time ago a great plans for PVP arena were released. I suppose it stopped for obvious reasons.

But what will you say for adding pvp aspect for already existing fields ( add more of them ! ) ?
What I mean is:

- making them more combat friendly -> allowing some safe exit ( some magic hand to a nearest town? ) when dying? Maybe one random piece of armour will be dropped when the hand takes you up?
- add some keep or bloody hole for kenders?

And this might allow some players to enjoy some action, with smaller risk

I think it might bring some action. And I think the above might well work with other ideas from here:

https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewt ... f=6&t=2826

What we risk?

Manglor
Rising Hero

Re: Krynn War + PVP arena

Post by Manglor » 20 Nov 2014 18:33

Great idea!

Gladiator arena functions in a similar way, you don't actually 'die' when you lose. Dedicated PVP area like Newports, for example, would be an awesome spot. Control the area, control the ships! Enemies can't use them at all. The Gladiator tournaments of yesterday were great and all, but players had to arrange and put up prizes. Wizards should fund the tournaments. Make some money. Clone some items. Make it interesting.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 21 Nov 2014 01:30

Adding more arena locations could be a good thing because at least in arena fights everyone involved "wants" to be there. It would also be nice if arenas had a stat normalization option for if an over entusiastic small player wishes to fight a myth without it being a gankfest. (assuming it does not already) this could be great for training purposes as well. get people a bit more used to pvp without worry of massive losses.
and rage quitting.

then when people get old enough to fight in the real donut they will better know what to expect.

Edit: dueling as mentioned below can be even better as it can help participants practice in specific turrain or "rp fight" in a way that won't damage either party perminatly. of course if a duel is added would it just be 1 vs 1 or team vs team
Last edited by Snowrose on 21 Nov 2014 14:16, edited 2 times in total.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 21 Nov 2014 01:56

Instead of coding a whole new area, perhaps the wizards can code a new command <duel> <target> where the wimpy is automatically set at 'a very bad shape' and once someone wimpies, combat ends automatically.

Ya?

-Bromen

Habiki
Adept

Post by Habiki » 23 Nov 2014 23:23

Maybe the code for the Cadet's guild sparring could be generalized. If I remember correctly, there is another Arena south of Calathin in Terel.

Gorboth made some great, elaborate plans for a continuous PvP instance, of sorts. This idea went above and beyond, in my opinion. I was just expecting something like a more official gladiator arena.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 24 Nov 2014 04:38

of course the main issue with world pvp is when somone huge attacks somone small.
maybe they can make it if somone is "ganked" by somone more than 2-3 experiance levels higher ie a myth killing an expert, that the expert just goes unconcious and wakes up at a start zone. or it gives the myth a question do you really want to kill this person thete is no honor in it.

or there can be a toggle called deathblow (on/off) if off it knocks the person helpless for a minute or two. but otherwize ok. then if you kill name again while they are unconcious it kills them. if your a pacivist you can just leave them there. maybe give killer an option loot them or tie them up if you have rope (tieing up could be undone by cut rope if you or someone in the room has a cutting item.)

this will let people arange makeshift duels. and keeps a sence of realism and danger.
it will also reduce the number of ... player walks into room just as person types in kill (race).... oops
if a person has deathblows off they have to make a concious choice to kill.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/