Searching stops all other..

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Creed

Searching stops all other..

Post by Creed » 20 Dec 2014 14:32

I think it is time to make up with the idea that you cannot do anything else, while searching for herbs.

As it is now, you can see your vitals, look and hear what happens around you.
But you are unable to say, ntell and otherwise do things that wouldn't take your eyes away from the searching.

I seem to recall that you are able to reply to wizards, and I would like "say" and "ntell" to fall into that same category.
It really doesn't make any sense that I cannot hold a conversation, just because I don't look at the person.
And it doesn't make any sense that I cannot communicate through some magic way, where it is my thoughts that are somehow projected.

I would of course love for tell-spells to be in the same category also, but that would probably be to ask for too much.
The reason for this, though, would be that you can do other things than just searching for herbs.
A lot of people do that, and those that do it most are the magic guilds, which are generally also the most RP focused.
As such, not being able to communicate makes you unable to RP while you get what you need.

You think the fighters would like to be unable to talk while they are hunting equipment? :p

Anyway, it would make it a lot more fun for me, and probably others also.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Re: Searching stops all other..

Post by Snowrose » 20 Dec 2014 14:59

it is true in a lot of RPGs talking is considered a free action. and the recent goal has been to make genesis more social.
we can have herbing teams, maybe even let people "assist" the herbing and both pull up herbs.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/