Shire.

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
OgreToyBoy
Champion

Shire.

Post by OgreToyBoy » 14 Feb 2015 23:37

Can we have the hobbits in Shire to get an extra name so one can kill them without having to worry some newbie player hobbit get caught under the hammer. In most areas it's possible to 'kill guard' or 'kill kretan' etc so you don't have to use 'kill human'.
If they already have another name I'll just have to dig deeper.
But for now player hobbits live dangerous if exploring Shire, are a lot of people running about killing them.

Laurel

Re: Shire.

Post by Laurel » 14 Feb 2015 23:45

OgreToyBoy wrote:Can we have the hobbits in Shire to get an extra name so one can kill them without having to worry some newbie player hobbit get caught under the hammer. In most areas it's possible to 'kill guard' or 'kill kretan' etc so you don't have to use 'kill human'.
If they already have another name I'll just have to dig deeper.
But for now player hobbits live dangerous if exploring Shire, are a lot of people running about killing them.
there've been numerous times a certain hobbit tried to sit there and wait for you to come and attack her ... never happened :( your scripts are too quick ... errr I mean reactions!

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 14 Feb 2015 23:47

Don't work when I have you in memory.
But most newbies are unknown to me and that means they will see the inside of my sack.

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 15 Feb 2015 00:46

I'm thinking that perhaps we should require the 'double kill' confirmation for unknown players also.
From looking at the pkill log it sometimes seems players don't even notice they just executed a newbie..

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 15 Feb 2015 01:03

cotillion wrote:I'm thinking that perhaps we should require the 'double kill' confirmation for unknown players also.
From looking at the pkill log it sometimes seems players don't even notice they just executed a newbie..
Or add name to critters instead of just racial name. Most NPC's use templates so quite easy to change the NPC's in question. Many of the critters I kill have more names than just race. Others you can add an adjective to the alias to avoid attacking a player.
Halfling maybe for hobbits, and halfwit for ogres? :)

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 15 Feb 2015 01:23

Mercade did some adjustments and it should now be harder to accidentally attack players using 'kill'.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/