Additional rewards for questing

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Chanele
Champion

Additional rewards for questing

Post by Chanele » 18 Feb 2015 12:16

There are several topics about quest in Genesis. Some people want them removed/made optional, others like our current system and enjoy the challenge. There are wizards who work hard to make quests easier with correct syntaxes, adding clues, updating orbs and fix "once per Arma problems. We also have a group of mortals making a Genesis quest wiki and provide feedback to wizards when they find flaws. These are great efforts, kudos to all of you, but maybe we can do more to reward players who quest.

How about we add an additional incitament for completing quest in form of general/combat XP? When a player has completed all quests in a domain, ie finished an entire orb, they can touch the orb and get an experience reward. A set amount (large) or perhaps the combined quest experience of the quests on the orb in general/combat XP. If quests are added to an orb you can claim a new reward equal to the quest XP that perticular quest gives.

This will, in my opinion, cater both haters and lovers. Haters might accept the challenge or decide to go our grind instead. Lovers will get rewarded for all the time invested in finishing quests, time they could have spent on mindless killing instead.

I also think that the rewards on many quests does not equal the effort and time we put into solving them, this suggestion will also take care of that. Even small quests and those in Khalakhor:) will be worth your time. This should be fairly easy to do aswell.

A terrible idea? Will it even make the problem worse?

Flame on!

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Re: Additional rewards for questing

Post by Snowrose » 18 Feb 2015 12:44

people already complain that low brute is to much of an advantage more exp being thrown at questing is reverse of the solution.
also a lot of realms have 1-2 quests that are alignment locked so unless somone messes up thier alignment that zone is a wash.
or if somone gets bugged on a quest... people will be way more pissed off if its the only quest they need to complete a zone.

we could have an achievment system that if you complete specific combinations of quest you get a title. and you can add one of your varios titles to your name. say you do the all good quests in zone you get Guardian of Zone. all evil quests in zone Bane of zone. maybe finishing all tours in in a zone may give Explorer of Zone. specific storylines like hunthors quests might give Minas Tirith Elite Guard... or army of gondor.

having cosmetic or minor but fitting rewards for quest combos will mean more to the people doing them than some extra exp its bragging rights and since its not a major game breaking thing like exp or cash quest hateing people can ignore them.

also adding combat exp for solving quests kind of just nutralizes brute

imagine this...."oh yay after a week of questing i am finally down to touchy oh whats this a orb reward wait why am i violent again?!..."

I am not against making existing quests worth more qexp as long as id get the extra exp for quests ive done already. and im a big big advocate for more repetable quests. maybe having more of a % of a zone or even total quests can open more weeklies.
Last edited by Snowrose on 18 Feb 2015 13:21, edited 1 time in total.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 18 Feb 2015 12:59

Well,
It will also provide an alternative to grinding. Gorboths event that rewarded a fantastic progress was a real good option, unfortunatily it was only for the event. Maybe this can be elaborated to a weekly event or something.

I do agree align restriction pose a problem, maybe 95% solved would be enough.

People need to lower their brute thats how our system work. Better to reward it then pretend it does not exist.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 18 Feb 2015 13:34

That's an interesting idea Chanele. I personally like it a lot. Although would it not just make quests MORE useful? Making the quest haters hate even more?:)

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 18 Feb 2015 13:40

Cherek wrote:That's an interesting idea Chanele. I personally like it a lot. Although would it not just make quests MORE useful? Making the quest haters hate even more?:)
Maybe, I have not heard anything from the haters yet;)

You still have to do a large portion of them to be somewhat sucessful maybe this will motivate people more?
If not, they can still do half of the quests and return to grinding. Grinding will still grant more XP in the long run.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 18 Feb 2015 14:16

I think the universal solution is more ways to earn exp in general
if a person doesnt like grinding we got herbing to make cexp
if a person doesnt like questing they got weeklies and events

you can herb 24-7 but weeklies/events are kinda limited

other ways to earn exp in games(apart from grinding/questing)

Collections, (aka more weeklies)
lets say people could get some exp for collecting imbue sets
or sacrifice valuable gear by returning it to its owner(for exp)
or get a qexp for killing 5000 orcs/elves/gnats/weeds/butterflies

deliveries:
we already have these in game just not for exp...

Farmville crafting:
you know do something come back 4 or 12 or 72 hours later get reward.
if you ignore it it wilts. or have friends tend it for you to extend your collect time..

Defending your guild:
every so often npcs attack your guild (occ only non auto attack to protect the young) if they are driven off all active/participating members get qexp

combat mentoring: a special team that lets you use your protoges brute to estimate the combat exp bonus
(if protoge is a newbie or vastly lower in level there can be an additional bonus based on level) but if your protoge dies in your care you take a % of the death loss.(more if protoge is vastly lower than you)

popularity prizes: let people vote cant vote for self winner gets xp.

turkey fight club: top ranks per week gets qexp

just brainstoming here not sure how hard coding would be for any of this

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 18 Feb 2015 14:37

Snowrose wrote:I think the universal solution is more ways to earn exp in general
if a person doesnt like grinding we got herbing to make cexp
if a person doesnt like questing they got weeklies and events

you can herb 24-7 but weeklies/events are kinda limited

other ways to earn exp in games(apart from grinding/questing)

Collections, (aka more weeklies)
lets say people could get some exp for collecting imbue sets
or sacrifice valuable gear by returning it to its owner(for exp)
or get a qexp for killing 5000 orcs/elves/gnats/weeds/butterflies

deliveries:
we already have these in game just not for exp...

Farmville crafting:
you know do something come back 4 or 12 or 72 hours later get reward.
if you ignore it it wilts. or have friends tend it for you to extend your collect time..

Defending your guild:
every so often npcs attack your guild (occ only non auto attack to protect the young) if they are driven off all active/participating members get qexp

combat mentoring: a special team that lets you use your protoges brute to estimate the combat exp bonus
(if protoge is a newbie or vastly lower in level there can be an additional bonus based on level) but if your protoge dies in your care you take a % of the death loss.(more if protoge is vastly lower than you)

popularity prizes: let people vote cant vote for self winner gets xp.

turkey fight club: top ranks per week gets qexp

just brainstoming here not sure how hard coding would be for any of this
All good suggestions but requires alot from wizards and they already have their hands full. Gotboths event is already coded and this suggestion does not require tio much work.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 18 Feb 2015 20:34

Cherek wrote:That's an interesting idea Chanele. I personally like it a lot. Although would it not just make quests MORE useful? Making the quest haters hate even more?:)
I have another approach on this that might be accepted for both lovers and haters.
Once you complete all quest on an orb everyone has the possibility to reset (one time only)it and make all quests available again. This time the reward is general/combat experience( what's the difference anyway?). The result is exactly the same as the original idea but requires more effort. We can also add a nice achievment title for those able to finish twice.

What's the point? Give people an alternative way to earn experience since this is totally optional. This could also provide more feedback to the quest fixing teams. Win win?

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 18 Feb 2015 20:52

Chanele wrote:
I have another approach on this that might be accepted for both lovers and haters.
Once you complete all quest on an orb everyone has the possibility to reset (one time only)it and make all quests available again. This time the reward is general/combat experience( what's the difference anyway?). The result is exactly the same as the original idea but requires more effort. We can also add a nice achievment title for those able to finish twice.

What's the point? Give people an alternative way to earn experience since this is totally optional. This could also provide more feedback to the quest fixing teams. Win win?
Well, there are some changes needed to allow for this though; For instance, what 'bout my dead ranger who can't complete the two evil-only quests in Cadu (Cadu reopened after she went all goodie), and what about those quests you don't complete because of item (gardeners gloves comes to mind), sure, you can reset, and get it the second time around, but you can't complete twice...

I do, however, love the idea of a "reward" for completing a certain % of the quests, for instance do a spot-check, how many quests can't be done by goodies / evils, make the needed Q's to complete "all but X" where X is the greater # of good or evil only quests.

One thing though, I got two characters with 3 quests on the orbs that were only available for a short time fifteen years ago, I loved those quests (Denethor-series in Minas Tirith), if the quest-reset removed them, I could never get the "brag rights" back.... Me no like!

Just another silver coin tossed into the discussion, the two coppers are way to cheap...
Flee you fools!

Creed

Post by Creed » 18 Feb 2015 21:17

Interesting suggestions, although i cringe in terror at the thought of the huge grinders getting qxp for grinding. :shock:

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/