Additional rewards for questing

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zhar
Wizard

Re: Additional rewards for questing

Post by Zhar » 07 Mar 2015 15:43

I think the original idea would be great for all new characters but terribly horrible for old ones. Imagine a big myth, who needs to spend hours upon hours of grinding to get any decent progress now has access to tons of "free" xp since they've completed all the quests long time ago, increasing the gap between smaller and less accomplished characters and really big ones even further.

Perhaps a different approach could be good here. Similar to how qexp works now but mechanically different:
- there is no brute
- there is a cap based on the amount of quests you've completed (think of it as quests granting you extra grind time)

What this means is that grinding is easier in the beginning but next to impossible later on. It doesn't force you to do any quests at all until you reach certain size (say hero or titan) but is mandatory later on. Doing the quests earlier means you can grow bigger later on.

This technically changes the approach to grind/quest balance since questing isn't forced upon anyone in the slightest for extended periods of time (now you must alternate between killing and questing all the time if you want to progress at a reasonable pace) but is a required activity none the less. Except with this approach you have more leisure as to your pacing with that.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 08 Mar 2015 04:15

And its a bad thing that growth gets harder or near impossible at ridiculously huge size?
And that is a problem in Genesis currently.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 08 Mar 2015 12:24

Amberlee wrote:And its a bad thing that growth gets harder or near impossible at ridiculously huge size?
Any change to the current system is really hard to implement because:

a) big players don't want to get nerfed
b) hard cap would probably discourage even more people
c) people would complain that their effort over the years has gone down the drain

etc. etc.

With the above solution the growth wouldn't be impossible. There would be no brute at all, questing would only increase your cap so you could do progress by getting more xp from killing. The benefits of that system:

a) new/smaller players would have easier time catching up to the big guns, lessening the gap between the top and bottom of the curve
b) grinding would be less time consuming, giving people more opportunity to purchase different goals
c) no one would be left out and nothing would be taken away from anyone
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 08 Mar 2015 13:36

Zhar wrote:
Amberlee wrote:And its a bad thing that growth gets harder or near impossible at ridiculously huge size?
Any change to the current system is really hard to implement because:

a) big players don't want to get nerfed
b) hard cap would probably discourage even more people
c) people would complain that their effort over the years has gone down the drain

etc. etc.

With the above solution the growth wouldn't be impossible. There would be no brute at all, questing would only increase your cap so you could do progress by getting more xp from killing. The benefits of that system:

a) new/smaller players would have easier time catching up to the big guns, lessening the gap between the top and bottom of the curve
b) grinding would be less time consuming, giving people more opportunity to purchase different goals
c) no one would be left out and nothing would be taken away from anyone
That would in effect be a hardcap tho, there is only a certain amount of quests after all. I have heard several times that we could set the hardcap at Champ and then give some sort of... "skill" bonus, as in crease dodge or something, Champ is just to damn low tho imo, the max level is myth, so that should atleast be the max level. I am all for the removal of quest exp tho, its just annoying.

The problem is that there are so many ways of going about it, some people want hardcaps, some people want no change, some people want no change but removal of qexp, wich would also even it out quite abit.

Creed

Post by Creed » 08 Mar 2015 15:15

Well.. Another thread talks about new titles..
So.. Why keep things as they are?

If some new max title is set at legend, that will change time to catch up.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/