Herbs needs to be looked at

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Chanele
Champion

Herbs needs to be looked at

Post by Chanele » 27 Mar 2015 09:47

I would like to discuss the potency of different herb types.

It seems to me that the potency of some herbs has grown out of proportion while some still suffers greatly from the introduction of one herb per minute.

Lets start with healing herbs.
The ability to heal is almost useless in teams today, people have become extremely large and almost outgrown the content. It is more efficient to bring a damage dealer along than having someone with the ability to heal. One big reason for this is the combination of alcohol, skunk berries and white horns. It is almost as having a personal healer but for this you pay no tax. This combination is to extreme and needs to be looked at.

Suggestion: In calculations of strength in healing herbs, add a factor that considers the characters skill in herbalism aswell as their constitution. I do think a reduction is needed one way or another, this ha gone abit out of hand.

Nightvision herb.

Some guilds have the ability/spells to make them see in the dark. For this they pay tax and are added in calculation of said guilds strenght. I have been a member of three guilds with this ability and the conclusion is that the herb Mittikna is just as powerful and have simular time of effect. Any player can get this herb and it is easy to stock up a supply that will last for ever...

Suggestion: I think it is enough to be able to recieve nightvision from items and imbuments. A herb that grant such powerful ability should last very shortly, 1 minute would be fair in my eyes.

Skill enhancing herbs.

Once again, players pay tax for every skill they can train within the guild. Now we have imbuements that can boost your skills alot and I believe this is fine. But having herbs that will raise your skills 20+ levels is abit to extreme considering what I wrote above.

Suggestion: Let the skill herbalism be a factor when you calculate the effect from herbs like Kuko and Curugwath etc. This to make it fair for those actually paying tax for the skills.

Stat enhancing herbs.

The introduction of one herb per minute has rendered stat increasing herbs useless. An adventurer will get one level boost, ex. far puny to halfway puny. This is to weak in my eyes.

Suggestion: In calculation of the effect let herbalism and a fix percentage of the current stat be the factors. This will scale nicely undependent of your mortal level and race.

Any thoughts on this?

Chanele

cotillion
Site Admin

Re: Herbs needs to be looked at

Post by cotillion » 27 Mar 2015 10:36

Yup, needs to be done.

Herbs are on the very long todo-list...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 27 Mar 2015 14:42

I can't do anything but agree either. All good points Chanele. I had not heard the idea about letting herbalism be a factor in herb usage. That's interesting. I wonder if it would mean everyone would flock to gardeners though, making the other craft guilds much less useful in comparison?

Drip
Wanderer

Post by Drip » 27 Mar 2015 22:44

I joined the gardeners because many herbs had no useful description, so to level my skill, I joined.
Compared to blacksmiths and mariners, herbing is more useful to me, because you can earn experience and sell them for money.
And please tell me what is the biggest container to put herbs in? Like a pouch.
(if you don't understand what I've written, assume I have bad wording)

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 27 Mar 2015 23:37

Qarraba - go for it.

Drip
Wanderer

Post by Drip » 27 Mar 2015 23:41

Is there any way to separate herbs in the inventory from other items?
Coins, stuff worn and wielded have their own paragraph but herbs take up a lot of text because of their long names, so can there be a separate paragraph for them?
(if you don't understand what I've written, assume I have bad wording)

Aristos
Veteran

Post by Aristos » 28 Mar 2015 00:37

Drip wrote:Is there any way to separate herbs in the inventory from other items?
Coins, stuff worn and wielded have their own paragraph but herbs take up a lot of text because of their long names, so can there be a separate paragraph for them?
Buy a qarraba from Sybarus.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 28 Mar 2015 01:17

cotillion wrote:Yup, needs to be done.

Herbs are on the very long todo-list...

That is good news, knowing you will eventually reach this point on the list.
I can't do anything but agree either. All good points Chanele. I had not heard the idea about letting herbalism be a factor in herb usage. That's interesting. I wonder if it would mean everyone would flock to gardeners though, making the other craft guilds much less useful in comparison?
It was merely an idea. How much extra effect you will gain by herbalism skill is entirely up to the formula, make it too good and I guess your concerns are valid.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 28 Mar 2015 17:41

Agreed.

This needs to be adressed, eventually.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 28 Mar 2015 19:03

Cherek wrote:I can't do anything but agree either. All good points Chanele. I had not heard the idea about letting herbalism be a factor in herb usage. That's interesting. I wonder if it would mean everyone would flock to gardeners though, making the other craft guilds much less useful in comparison?
Solution for this is quite easy, formula:

(Skill*Effect/100) / guild-type

For example full effect for skill obtained in occ guild, half for layman, quarter for craftsman and perhaps as low as 1/10th for racials.

Of course, some herbs should be left out of such a system, but these should also be harder to obtain. Either by skill-requirement, few growing places or just "hard to get to" places. They could provide a nice income for smaller players.

Personally, I'm quite opposed to the "power" of racial guilds to have high herbalism, but yes, the other craftsguilds need an upgrade to be able to compete with Gardeners
Flee you fools!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/