Herbs needs to be looked at

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Greneth

Re: Herbs needs to be looked at

Post by Greneth » 16 Apr 2015 20:58

Kilrayne wrote:Sure they can have torches or lights. They can also get mass attacked when they ignite them. Herbing can be time-consuming and annoying. I'm not a big scripter, so generally I'm watching the screen while "you search for such and such herb" scrolls along. Why nerf fruits of the labor?
And this is a problem why? So people cant kill quicker, oh no... whatever will we do...

If you think herbing is difficult and you should be rewarded with an OCC or Layman spell powered herb... we have differnt ideas of balance.

Kilrayne
Apprentice

Post by Kilrayne » 16 Apr 2015 21:06

I guess we do. I just don't see how skunk or whitehorn plus alcohol can beat same plus spell. If your spell is that weak, supplicate for a change in the spell, not a change in the herbs.

Hektor
Veteran

Post by Hektor » 16 Apr 2015 21:18

I am not sure that the over-time yield in HPs of two said herbs and alcohol is higher than the occupational heal spells if you burst away, but combined with other inflated factors (see my earlier note) and added then the caster also often uses herbs to cast and herbs to sustain casting, then you come closer to same result.

I do not think the heal spells should be increased. That would just create more inflation.

But its a thought :)
Lawful evil - conform or die.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 16 Apr 2015 21:30

Kilrayne wrote:I guess we do. I just don't see how skunk or whitehorn plus alcohol can beat same plus spell. If your spell is that weak, supplicate for a change in the spell, not a change in the herbs.
Its enough to not need a healer in your group anymore.

Aristos
Veteran

Post by Aristos » 16 Apr 2015 21:59

Greneth wrote:
Kilrayne wrote:I guess we do. I just don't see how skunk or whitehorn plus alcohol can beat same plus spell. If your spell is that weak, supplicate for a change in the spell, not a change in the herbs.

The problem is, not everyone can team with healers, or if they can, maybe they don't have the same playing hours?

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 16 Apr 2015 22:06

Healers are for the weak.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 16 Apr 2015 22:21

Aristos wrote:
Greneth wrote:

The problem is, not everyone can team with healers, or if they can, maybe they don't have the same playing hours?
Well the problem is much larger then those reasons, big enough to where it deserves its own thread. Suffice to say all this healing wasnt a problem after the cd was added, but now it is. The easiest fix is to nerf herbs rather then fix the other problem. Which will cause much more complaining.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 16 Apr 2015 22:39

Hektor wrote:Saying that casters have the same access to skunk berries and alcohol is true. Saying that we can actually use alcohol and are not affected negatively by doing so (some more than others) is not true.

I for one do not see Hektor as much of a support class for anything but small players or in pvp situations. Larger players have very little need for healers, especially with the heavy inflation in various healing and self-sustaining options (items that increase regen, herbs that give regen+heal, AC (items and guild abilities), skills, evasion) etc.

Note - I am greatly in favor of more guilds, more options and more abilities for more players.

However as we massively increase tanking and self sustaining utility (and we really have over the past 8 years) then the value of and need for team support guilds (such as bestowing defensive traits to teammembers, rescuing teammembers, debuffing of enemies or just a good plain old heal) have reduced severely.

So, in that perspective, I am in favor of looking at reduced effects of healing beyond guild abilities and reduced AC beyond guild abilities as it promotes teambased play. It should never be to the point that it becomes ruined naturally.

Just a thought.
This.

Kilrayne
Apprentice

Post by Kilrayne » 16 Apr 2015 23:27

I understand the point, but still think this is a cart before the horse sort of thing. Are you really suggesting that we should nerf the utility of an alcohol/herb combination because the healing of utility is negatively impacted? Again, why not ask for an examination of your guilds' respective abilities? And where does the herb nerf end? Should we nerf kuko, so that tricksters, rangers and thieves can enjoy walking around in stealth without threat of detection? Why, any layperson could get their hands on a curugwath and hide in a room without any one seeing them. Maybe we should nerf that too. What about guilds' ability to cleanse poisons? There are a myriad of herbs that treat those: nerf em.

At some point, the examination needs to shift to the guilds and their abilities rather than to consumables and items that manufacture similiar abilities but at a fraction of efficacy.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 16 Apr 2015 23:44

If they only had an fraction of the effects this topic would not exist.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/