Herbs needs to be looked at

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Greneth

Re: Herbs needs to be looked at

Post by Greneth » 13 Apr 2015 10:03

Alorrana wrote:"Hey, lets make a herb that lets me block with my shield as good as AA or how about a mushroom that makes me go berserk like a gladiator? " (huge difference here if you cant see it.. your problem.)

"Those that has the spell to see in darkness needs a herb AND they pay tax for it, you want that same ability for free with just a herb. Fair?" (Lower the damned tax, make the herb last half as long)

Anything but ruin it, wich is pretty much what has been done now..
And what exactly did you do for darkness before that retarded herb became popular? Do that.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 13 Apr 2015 10:14

On regard of healing herbs being extremely good it is rather the combination of skunk berries, alcohol and healing herbs that are too strong. Maybe have a restriction on herb effects while drunk?

It also makes sense, while under the effect of alchol your metabolism changes and could prevent your body to consume and take care of herbs. You could also fumble and destroy them in your drunken haze.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 13 Apr 2015 12:56

Greneth wrote:
Alorrana wrote:"Hey, lets make a herb that lets me block with my shield as good as AA or how about a mushroom that makes me go berserk like a gladiator? " (huge difference here if you cant see it.. your problem.)

"Those that has the spell to see in darkness needs a herb AND they pay tax for it, you want that same ability for free with just a herb. Fair?" (Lower the damned tax, make the herb last half as long)

Anything but ruin it, wich is pretty much what has been done now..
And what exactly did you do for darkness before that retarded herb became popular? Do that.

Getting Darkness was never an issue, seeing through it was :)

Im not sayint the herb was op. clearly it was.. but now its pretty much left useless. it lasted 25 mins, as infavision. To long, yes we can agree on that. But why be a totally asshat and ruin it ? half its durration, or less ? 10 mins. would that be such a terrible idea.? would it hurt your precious guild taxes.? or you ? no.. and you would still have the longer lasting guild special (yes the one you pay taxes for) and us regular bash and beat arounders can also have a bit of fun ? thats unfair ??
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 13 Apr 2015 13:35

I'm unsure what prevents you from just eating a new herb when the previous effect stops.
Now why fabled warrior minotaur would hide from his enemies in darkness is another question..

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 13 Apr 2015 13:54

delete em all!
herbs are for wussies!
:evil:

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 13 Apr 2015 14:19

Or you could just carry lamps. Or buy more herbs. You can eat one after the other. Considering very few dark vision spells last 10 min or around there it would still be unfair. You may not have a problem with it but when you can eat a herb in darkness but not cast the darkvision spell its annoying.

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 13 Apr 2015 14:27

Kvator wrote:delete em all!
herbs are for wussies!
:evil:
AGREE!!! :D

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 13 Apr 2015 15:33

cotillion wrote:I'm unsure what prevents you from just eating a new herb when the previous effect stops.
Now why fabled warrior minotaur would hide from his enemies in darkness is another question..

From my experience you get stuffed rather fast from eating herbs.

and yes darkness makes it easier to fight the enemies, so me, and alot
of others use it. but darkness isnt the issue here.. seeing through it is.

and sure, just eat one when the the other runs out.. 20 herbs could last
more than a night, now it lasts 20 mins..

Problem is from OP to Shit.. why is there no fair middle ground.?

Oh yes Imbues.. darkvision.. we all know how easy it drops -.-

But lets just end it here. Whats the next good thing you wizards will utterly
fuck up ? just wondering..?
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 13 Apr 2015 15:59

Alorrana wrote:But lets just end it here. Whats the next good thing you wizards will utterly
As you yourself said, this herb was clearly overpowered. That does not classify as a "good thing." The fact that Cotillion is on the hunt for such things to "utterly fuck up" is something to celebrate, in my opinion. My esteem goes to those players who have voiced their approval of nerfs that bring the game to a better place.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 13 Apr 2015 16:01

Alorrana wrote: But lets just end it here. Whats the next good thing you wizards will utterly
Probably shields and/or non-breaking items.
Improvement to sneak/hide vs awareness might also be on the way...

If it happens before christmas is uncertain..

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/