Herbs needs to be looked at

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Greneth

Re: Herbs needs to be looked at

Post by Greneth » 29 Mar 2015 16:08

Icarus wrote:
Greneth wrote:B. Join a healing guild, get a member of a healing guild to follow you, healing imbuements
It is a fact that rangers were highly sought after by knights, calians and other "goodies" for healing on big grinding.

It is also a fact that that with the restrictions a ranger have hardcoded and the fact that 99% of these do not apply to SCoP make SCoP immensely more popular for this task today.
Well, thats the downfall of when players choose EXP/Grinding over RP and there is no one to tell them no.

Draugor
Myth
Posts: 1786
Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14

Re: Herbs needs to be looked at

Post by Draugor » 29 Mar 2015 16:16

Greneth wrote:
Icarus wrote:
Greneth wrote:B. Join a healing guild, get a member of a healing guild to follow you, healing imbuements
It is a fact that rangers were highly sought after by knights, calians and other "goodies" for healing on big grinding.

It is also a fact that that with the restrictions a ranger have hardcoded and the fact that 99% of these do not apply to SCoP make SCoP immensely more popular for this task today.
Well, thats the downfall of when players choose EXP/Grinding over RP and there is no one to tell them no.

Sadly there are way to many pure grinders today and not enough effort to make any sort of RP happen :/ Worst part is that alot of the anti-RP people are leading guilds and thus remove an entire guild from the RP experience

Arcon

Re: Herbs needs to be looked at

Post by Arcon » 29 Mar 2015 16:29

Draugor wrote:

Sadly there are way to many pure grinders today and not enough effort to make any sort of RP happen :/ Worst part is that alot of the anti-RP people are leading guilds and thus remove an entire guild from the RP experience

And this is what making it easier to join guilds and not put the applicants through more work does. Why would anyone care about RP in today's Genesis? You don't need it to join any guild, it has even been made not just easier to join but faster so why are you surprise that there are no RP within the guilds?

You used to have to learn how to rp when you applied to a guild, during the application you were given tasks and you had to usually collect recommendation from its members. Then in many guilds you had squirehood/pupilhood/apprentiship etc which gave the new member more time to learn how to act/rp that guild.
But for the last years there has been this idea that it should be easier/faster to join guild and this not just shows but also teaches people that RP is a waste of time. And since the only thing that matters is how much xp you can grind and how fast, well, with the current sizes of people and their abilities to either tank or do damage rangers has honestly no place in a grinding team.

A good herb collection makes up for a ranger and it don't take a part of the xp. Rangers can't tank nor do damage, they are there to give support and weaken the enemy but a grinding team don't need that. Especially not with our current grinding places.

Aristos
Veteran
Posts: 239
Joined: 26 May 2013 18:54

Re: Herbs needs to be looked at

Post by Aristos » 29 Mar 2015 17:32

Arcon wrote:
Draugor wrote:

Sadly there are way to many pure grinders today and not enough effort to make any sort of RP happen :/ Worst part is that alot of the anti-RP people are leading guilds and thus remove an entire guild from the RP experience

And this is what making it easier to join guilds and not put the applicants through more work does. Why would anyone care about RP in today's Genesis? You don't need it to join any guild, it has even been made not just easier to join but faster so why are you surprise that there are no RP within the guilds?

You used to have to learn how to rp when you applied to a guild, during the application you were given tasks and you had to usually collect recommendation from its members. Then in many guilds you had squirehood/pupilhood/apprentiship etc which gave the new member more time to learn how to act/rp that guild.
But for the last years there has been this idea that it should be easier/faster to join guild and this not just shows but also teaches people that RP is a waste of time. And since the only thing that matters is how much xp you can grind and how fast, well, with the current sizes of people and their abilities to either tank or do damage rangers has honestly no place in a grinding team.

A good herb collection makes up for a ranger and it don't take a part of the xp. Rangers can't tank nor do damage, they are there to give support and weaken the enemy but a grinding team don't need that. Especially not with our current grinding places.
I could think of a few guilds that do require a high and qualitative amount of both rp and time.

User avatar
Alorrana
Myth
Posts: 1009
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 11:23
Location: Mordor. passing gass.

Re: Herbs needs to be looked at

Post by Alorrana » 12 Apr 2015 13:46

Slender luminous vine.. Destroyed.. from about 20 mins dark vision to about 1 min..

Yet another glorious example of the Nerf/balance hammer at work.. something good
is now something shitty.

Thanks ! Lets find more things to take the fun out of.

....!
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Greneth

Re: Herbs needs to be looked at

Post by Greneth » 12 Apr 2015 13:53

Alorrana wrote:Slender luminous vine.. Destroyed.. from about 20 mins dark vision to about 1 min..

Yet another glorious example of the Nerf/balance hammer at work.. something good
is now something shitty.

Thanks ! Lets find more things to take the fun out of.

....!
Thats exactly what it should be, why should guilds pay a tax for darkvision when a single easily acquired herb lasts longer then most spells? I say it's about damn time.

User avatar
Alorrana
Myth
Posts: 1009
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 11:23
Location: Mordor. passing gass.

Re: Herbs needs to be looked at

Post by Alorrana » 12 Apr 2015 14:11

Sorry not part of my guild special. But sure sure that makes it right.

a benefit for the few, and a loss to the masses.. Go figure.

So, circlings can create light, lets make torches burn only 45 seconds.

to long have they paid their high taxes for the light spell, while people can
just go to a shop or torch maker to get a light source. Damn them..! Nerf
torches! To easy way to get a light source, that last longer than most guild
specials..
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Arcon

Re: Herbs needs to be looked at

Post by Arcon » 12 Apr 2015 17:26

Alorrana wrote:Sorry not part of my guild special. But sure sure that makes it right.

a benefit for the few, and a loss to the masses.. Go figure.

So, circlings can create light, lets make torches burn only 45 seconds.

to long have they paid their high taxes for the light spell, while people can
just go to a shop or torch maker to get a light source. Damn them..! Nerf
torches! To easy way to get a light source, that last longer than most guild
specials..
Hey, lets make a herb that lets me block with my shield as good as AA or how about a mushroom that makes me go berserk like a gladiator?

Those that has the spell to see in darkness needs a herb AND they pay tax for it, you want that same ability for free with just a herb. Fair?

Next up I hope is kuko. It is good for people without awareness to use in some quests but it shouldn't raise above sup journeyman, thats just insane. Talk about crippling stealthy guilds.

User avatar
Alorrana
Myth
Posts: 1009
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 11:23
Location: Mordor. passing gass.

Re: Herbs needs to be looked at

Post by Alorrana » 12 Apr 2015 23:11

"Hey, lets make a herb that lets me block with my shield as good as AA or how about a mushroom that makes me go berserk like a gladiator? " (huge difference here if you cant see it.. your problem.)

"Those that has the spell to see in darkness needs a herb AND they pay tax for it, you want that same ability for free with just a herb. Fair?" (Lower the damned tax, make the herb last half as long)

Anything but ruin it, wich is pretty much what has been done now..
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Chanele
Titan
Posts: 519
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 12:39

Re: Herbs needs to be looked at

Post by Chanele » 12 Apr 2015 23:29

It has been changed to a reasonable uptime.

If you want permanent nightvision start gathering imbues or finds artifacts that will aid you. Mittikna was way to powerful all along, a good change!

Thank you wizards.

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/