Herbs needs to be looked at

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Post Reply
User avatar
Zhar
Wizard
Posts: 902
Joined: 17 Apr 2012 12:09

Re: Herbs needs to be looked at

Post by Zhar » 13 Apr 2015 16:15

The easy fix to nightvision herb would simply be setting skill required to find it to confident veteran or higher. This would then pretty much restrict it to guilds that already have nightvision as a way to conserve mana/more valuable components.

I think that it wasn't the duration that was so OP (although it was too long) but rather easy accessibility.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Greneth

Re: Herbs needs to be looked at

Post by Greneth » 13 Apr 2015 16:44

cotillion wrote:
Alorrana wrote: But lets just end it here. Whats the next good thing you wizards will utterly
fuck up ? just wondering..?
Probably shields and/or non-breaking items.
Improvement to sneak/hide vs awareness might also be on the way...

If it happens before christmas is uncertain..
*claps*

Arcon

Re: Herbs needs to be looked at

Post by Arcon » 13 Apr 2015 18:45

cotillion wrote:
Alorrana wrote: But lets just end it here. Whats the next good thing you wizards will utterly
fuck up ? just wondering..?
Probably shields and/or non-breaking items.
Improvement to sneak/hide vs awareness might also be on the way...

If it happens before christmas is uncertain..
Damn, they are after you Alorrana, HSC, spiked steel tessto, black heavy mace and shields!!!
Joking aside, some of the non-breakable weapons are too good. Personally I don't see any problems with a few average quality weapons that are non-breakable. The problem is if a high quality weapon can't break. Maul, GT, quickie, serrated halberd, those clubs just mentioned, Ogre hammers (sorry straag), FBB, azure-runed etched longsword, crystal axe etc etc.

Weapons of the quality of holy blade, double morning-star, ancient battleaxe etc are ok in my opinion.

Laurel

Re: Herbs needs to be looked at

Post by Laurel » 13 Apr 2015 19:16

what ancient battleaxe is there that doesn't dull/break?
maybe you should/could learn about the items you want changed ... like before you scream for changes?

sidequestion: will all those changes make you play?

Arcon

Re: Herbs needs to be looked at

Post by Arcon » 13 Apr 2015 20:22

Laurel wrote:what ancient battleaxe is there that doesn't dull/break?
maybe you should/could learn about the items you want changed ... like before you scream for changes?

sidequestion: will all those changes make you play?
It is very possible that some of those have already been changed or that I remember wrong. It is a long time since I used axes. If any or all of those items I mentioned has been changed it does not matter since they were only examples and just because I were mistaken does not take away the point I was making. A high quality weapon that does not break is too much.

And if I play or not with my first, second, third or any other number of you care to say is none of your business.

User avatar
OgreToyBoy
Champion
Posts: 613
Joined: 05 Mar 2010 11:36

Re: Herbs needs to be looked at

Post by OgreToyBoy » 13 Apr 2015 20:51

If me hammers going to break they better turn a lot cheaper.
Doubt anyone would stay ogre if the hammers were going to break, except me maybe :p

User avatar
Kas
Legend
Posts: 771
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 17:54

Re: Herbs needs to be looked at

Post by Kas » 13 Apr 2015 21:02

I'm not particulary fond of nonbreakable stuff. Something feels wrong if you can use a single weapon during an entire armagedding without the need of another.

Make everything breakable (and make ogre stuff cheaper or whatever to make it playable)?
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Chanele
Titan
Posts: 519
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 12:39

Re: Herbs needs to be looked at

Post by Chanele » 13 Apr 2015 21:27

Kas wrote:I'm not particulary fond of nonbreakable stuff. Something feels wrong if you can use a single weapon during an entire armagedding without the need of another.

Make everything breakable (and make ogre stuff cheaper or whatever to make it playable)?
But....but...but...how do we kill the black rider without nonbreaking stuff?

There's also a difference between nondulling and nonbreaking

Btw, this thread was about herbs.

User avatar
Kas
Legend
Posts: 771
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 17:54

Re: Herbs needs to be looked at

Post by Kas » 13 Apr 2015 21:58

Chanele wrote:
Kas wrote:I'm not particulary fond of nonbreakable stuff. Something feels wrong if you can use a single weapon during an entire armagedding without the need of another.

Make everything breakable (and make ogre stuff cheaper or whatever to make it playable)?
But....but...but...how do we kill the black rider without nonbreaking stuff?

There's also a difference between nondulling and nonbreaking

Btw, this thread was about herbs.
No idea. Bring Scops?
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

User avatar
Alorrana
Myth
Posts: 1009
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 11:23
Location: Mordor. passing gass.

Re: Herbs needs to be looked at

Post by Alorrana » 13 Apr 2015 23:48

Arcon wrote:
cotillion wrote:
Alorrana wrote: But lets just end it here. Whats the next good thing you wizards will utterly
fuck up ? just wondering..?
Probably shields and/or non-breaking items.
Improvement to sneak/hide vs awareness might also be on the way...

If it happens before christmas is uncertain..
Damn, they are after you Alorrana, HSC, spiked steel tessto, black heavy mace and shields!!!
Joking aside, some of the non-breakable weapons are too good. Personally I don't see any problems with a few average quality weapons that are non-breakable. The problem is if a high quality weapon can't break. Maul, GT, quickie, serrated halberd, those clubs just mentioned, Ogre hammers (sorry straag), FBB, azure-runed etched longsword, crystal axe etc etc.

Weapons of the quality of holy blade, double morning-star, ancient battleaxe etc are ok in my opinion.

I knew it ! :P

nah, just have a pretty sor ass about that herb.. the only damned herb i use in this game.. and now its just poo.. ill get over it..

What i dont understand is, Why do we go from 100(beeing uber) to 1(most sucky) why is there no middle way that makes it alright for all, A few whine and alot suffer. And come up with bs reasons as guild taxes and what not. It soooo doesnt matter. What matters is having fun in the game, and a big part of that was just removed for us casual darkness/infavision users.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/