Herbs needs to be looked at

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Greneth

Re: Herbs needs to be looked at

Post by Greneth » 14 Apr 2015 02:01

Alorrana wrote:

I knew it ! :P

nah, just have a pretty sor ass about that herb.. the only damned herb i use in this game.. and now its just poo.. ill get over it..

What i dont understand is, Why do we go from 100(beeing uber) to 1(most sucky) why is there no middle way that makes it alright for all, A few whine and alot suffer. And come up with bs reasons as guild taxes and what not. It soooo doesnt matter. What matters is having fun in the game, and a big part of that was just removed for us casual darkness/infavision users.
The problem is the herb was introduced quite sneakily and was left unchecked for far too long. When did using Mittikna become the normal instead of carrying a bunch of lamps? You got too use to a toy that should of never been placed in your hands, so I can understand why you'd be upset. But the fact remains whether you find it stupid or not that it made darkvision spells pointless, even if you were to cut the herb back to 10 min, it would still make spells pointless. Personally I believe the herb should be removed, be thankful it's even still around.

You find guild taxes and spells BS because you don't have to use them, I can think of 15 better spells then a worthless darkvision and why should I be penalized for it so that you can have an even easier time grinding? Furthermore why should wizards put even more effort into reworking all darkvision spells so that those who just want more damage are given and even higher advantage? You're a friggen Myth, buy some damn lamps or use a darkvision imbuement. I see plenty on the AH that never get bought BECAUSE of mittikna. It's not like you can't solo the whole fucking game as it is.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 14 Apr 2015 08:54

Greneth wrote:
Alorrana wrote:

I knew it ! :P

nah, just have a pretty sor ass about that herb.. the only damned herb i use in this game.. and now its just poo.. ill get over it..

What i dont understand is, Why do we go from 100(beeing uber) to 1(most sucky) why is there no middle way that makes it alright for all, A few whine and alot suffer. And come up with bs reasons as guild taxes and what not. It soooo doesnt matter. What matters is having fun in the game, and a big part of that was just removed for us casual darkness/infavision users.
The problem is the herb was introduced quite sneakily and was left unchecked for far too long. When did using Mittikna become the normal instead of carrying a bunch of lamps? You got too use to a toy that should of never been placed in your hands, so I can understand why you'd be upset. But the fact remains whether you find it stupid or not that it made darkvision spells pointless, even if you were to cut the herb back to 10 min, it would still make spells pointless. Personally I believe the herb should be removed, be thankful it's even still around.

You find guild taxes and spells BS because you don't have to use them, I can think of 15 better spells then a worthless darkvision and why should I be penalized for it so that you can have an even easier time grinding? Furthermore why should wizards put even more effort into reworking all darkvision spells so that those who just want more damage are given and even higher advantage? You're a friggen Myth, buy some damn lamps or use a darkvision imbuement. I see plenty on the AH that never get bought BECAUSE of mittikna. It's not like you can't solo the whole fucking game as it is.
so, again, the few whine, and the lot suffer. Ok..

Beeing myth has nothing to do with it. was a great use when in service of the nine. they
are kinda fond of that whole darkness thing..

I have lamps, but sometimes you know, I get a black gem ring.. now, its pretty piss useless
to me, or any other darkness things, sinch i cant wear bandana nor helmet with darkvision then
i was pretty much stuck to herbs.. from time to time, yes i got an imbue with a faint sparkle.. but
thats in the pretty rare department.

And on the guild taxes bs.. no i dont care, nor should you. the fact that you feel pissy about it is beoynd me.. to sit and feel pissy just because you have to pay a bit of taxes for darkvision while others use a cupple of hours herbing for it and then use it "free" Ohhhh dear lord... sooo unfair..
but yeah fuck it.. I will never walk in such small shoes. If someone could get a cover as an AA for free with the use of a shield and a carrot or what the hell it could be.. Fine by me. enjoy. Dont let me spoil your game.. but i see we are different there..

+ keep in mind, darkness was a great way to kill a wee bit faster, and when AA already has been fucked over by the wiz force a cupple of times, I take all the help i can get.

But yeah its nerfed, nothing to do.

To quote a good show i once saw.. It has happened before, and it will all happen again.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 14 Apr 2015 09:37

Alorrana wrote: + keep in mind, darkness was a great way to kill a wee bit faster, and when AA already has been fucked over by the wiz force a cupple of times, I take all the help i can get.
Keep in mind that AA is a ranger-type stealthy guild. If you wanted more killing power then perhaps this wasn't the best choice of guilds for you.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 14 Apr 2015 10:06

IMo the change to Mittiknas seem like a good idea, I mean one run in the holm and yoiu'd have darkvision for 24 hours easy. I'd rather have darkvision completely removed than EVERYONE having it, it should be limited, or atleast costly to have it

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 14 Apr 2015 10:13

Zhar wrote:
Alorrana wrote: + keep in mind, darkness was a great way to kill a wee bit faster, and when AA already has been fucked over by the wiz force a cupple of times, I take all the help i can get.
Keep in mind that AA is a ranger-type stealthy guild. If you wanted more killing power then perhaps this wasn't the best choice of guilds for you.

Ahh and here i thought it was smash and bash... well better go play hiding cow..

Oh yeah, thats why we see all those Angmarians sneaking around on autosneak... oh wait...?

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 14 Apr 2015 11:59

Zhar wrote:
lol

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 14 Apr 2015 12:00

Arcon wrote:
cotillion wrote:
Alorrana wrote: But lets just end it here. Whats the next good thing you wizards will utterly
fuck up ? just wondering..?
Probably shields and/or non-breaking items.
Improvement to sneak/hide vs awareness might also be on the way...

If it happens before christmas is uncertain..
Damn, they are after you Alorrana, HSC, spiked steel tessto, black heavy mace and shields!!!
Joking aside, some of the non-breakable weapons are too good. Personally I don't see any problems with a few average quality weapons that are non-breakable. The problem is if a high quality weapon can't break. Maul, GT, quickie, serrated halberd, those clubs just mentioned, Ogre hammers (sorry straag), FBB, azure-runed etched longsword, crystal axe etc etc.

Weapons of the quality of holy blade, double morning-star, ancient battleaxe etc are ok in my opinion.
but you know that hsc and dms are basically the same? GT is actually breakable etc etc...

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 14 Apr 2015 13:36

Alorrana wrote:
Zhar wrote:

Ahh and here i thought it was smash and bash... well better go play hiding cow..

Oh yeah, thats why we see all those Angmarians sneaking around on autosneak... oh wait...?
Join the tricksters or thieves then :)

On a more serious note, soon autosneak will be available for everyone so this won't be an issue. I've always found it funny that AA can hide/sneak better than some Rangers yet they don't have autosneak...
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 14 Apr 2015 14:13

Zhar wrote:AA can hide/sneak better than some Rangers yet they don't have autosneak...
Another news. I'm learning quite a bit from this forum and this thread specifically.

Also:
gorboth wrote:Yes, tricksters are actually going to be decomissioned and closed, most likely.

Eowul and I took a look at the guild, and of the only 25 or so members, only 2 had logged in much in the last year. Most were many years idle. Moreover, the guild is not in either Eowul or my idea for what suits the Middle Earth theme. Rather than spend time and resources on it, we've decided to close it.

Should the playerbase grow substantially, it might make sense to again offer such a guild.

G.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 15 Apr 2015 10:53

From the website :)

In ancient times, the Lord of the Nazgul raised a mighty army of warriors in the Realm of Angmar in Middle Earth. These warriors were dreadful butchers, raining terror on the folk of Westernesse at the behest of their dread Witchking. Thought defeated for many generations of man and elves, the old tribes have come together once again to raise their war banners anew. Hoist your mighty club and shield with them if you dare, and take up their infamous battle cry: Angmar! ANGMAR! ANGMAR!!!

Not really any sneaky descriptions in that or hint to any stealth... It actually promotes skull bashing and battle.. Sneaky and hide stuff.. not so much.

And been reading in the guild book too.. lets see what it says or hints on sneaky stealth stuff shall we.?

Page six :

In 1973, the Witch-king threw the full might of Angmar against Arthedain and
after a brief struggle, the final kingdom of Arnor collapsed in ruin. Thus the
North was liberated by the Angmar army's force of arms. Unfortunately, it was
not to remain so. In 1975, the Gondorian army marched North and, together with
elves from Rivendell and Lindon, attacked the Angmarian troops. Despite the
overwhelming numbers of aggressors, the Army of Angmar fought bravely and the
result of the battle was long in doubt until, at acrucial time, the Witch-king
deserted his troops and fled. The Gondorians, with their spirits uplifted,
forced the Army of Angmar to retreat in bad order with huge attrition. After
the defeat, the remnants of the Army of Angmar gathered in the Misty Mountains
and with heavy hearts, brooded over what could have been.

nothing in here about any Angmarians hiding.. retreating yes.. Hiding, sneaking, stealthy no.. Ok.

from page seven :

In the year 2063, the newly reformed army marched over the Men-i-Naugrim
to Rhun and there built a fortress which they inhabited for the next 400 years.
The army grew both in strength and numbers, achieving under Morgrond,
unsurpassed mastery with the club- the only weapon the army has used since this

And we all know how stealthy a club is. especially the bloody skull club, screaming and shouting special.. I see Strength mentioned tho.. Strength and numbers.. No stealthy hiding sneak stuff.. but ok.

From page eight :

Captain for the army known as Belturma ('Strong Shield')

Strong shield! sounds like a sneaky hooded fella..or not.. Sounds like a Mo´Fo you dont wanna meet on the battle field, it does.. Again the hint to strength.. not stealth or sneaky stuff... Strong, Strength.. power.. smash ! but ok..

From page ten :

What we offer to loyal warriors.

For some taxation on your progress in the realms (a little less for layman
soldiers) we give you the chance to stay on the right side when the final war
breaks out.

In addition to this we teach many skills in our training hall (layman soldiers
to a little bit lower levels in some skills).

Our preference is on using shield and club. We teach two special skills. One
helps you to defend yourself better when using a shield and the other one
teaches you how to properly smash your enemy with a club.

We dont offer stealth and sneak.. Our preference is using shield and club, teaching to smash and block.. Nothing stealth about Angmar what so ever.. we have the skill yes.. but why.??! Its a Smash and Bash army for the Dark Lord.

So I strongly disagree on the stealth and sneaky theme you are trying to place Angmar in.. Remove those hide and sneak skills, and up smash and cover.. as it should be.. not as you think it is, or should be.. but as in the book about the guild, ok..?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/