The "What?" reply

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Drip
Wanderer

The "What?" reply

Post by Drip » 29 Mar 2015 19:53

When typing in a wrong command, sometimes the What? message appears. For example, <mount> and What? but <mount horse> works.
Changing What? to hints can make typing easier when trying to find the right way to do something, like a quest.
If -mount what? is shown when you type <mount> then figuring things out would be easier.

Or make a page somewhere showing all the possible commands in Genesis in alphabetical order so desperate people can search there.
(if you don't understand what I've written, assume I have bad wording)

Icarus
Veteran

Re: The "What?" reply

Post by Icarus » 29 Mar 2015 20:11

Drip wrote:When typing in a wrong command, sometimes the What? message appears. For example, <mount> and What? but <mount horse> works.
Changing What? to hints can make typing easier when trying to find the right way to do something, like a quest.
If -mount what? is shown when you type <mount> then figuring things out would be easier.

Or make a page somewhere showing all the possible commands in Genesis in alphabetical order so desperate people can search there.
With such things as mounts, this would be a good thing, since the command "mount" is in environment of the player, but you need to "mount horse" to get a response...
Flee you fools!

cotillion
Site Admin

Re: The "What?" reply

Post by cotillion » 29 Mar 2015 20:27

I've applied some fixes to steeds which will become active after armageddon.
Not setting failure messages is usually a bug so please bug report any steeds which don't.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/