Global Chat

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 3198
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: Global Chat

Post by Cherek » 07 May 2015 23:05

Zhar wrote:
Aristos wrote:It would be nice to have a common skype chat room.
I'd rather resurrect the IRC channel. Easily accessible and easy to set up a bot to give op to the wizards.
But does anyone really use IRC? Especially our younger generation newbies?

User avatar
Shanoga
Wizard
Posts: 193
Joined: 03 Mar 2014 13:03
Location: US West

Re: Global Chat

Post by Shanoga » 08 May 2015 00:24

I haven't used IRC in ages. I just looked into setting up a Skype Chat Room and the public chats don't exist anymore. Trying to find an alternate solution.

User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 3198
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: Global Chat

Post by Cherek » 08 May 2015 00:29

Shanoga wrote:I haven't used IRC in ages. I just looked into setting up a Skype Chat Room and the public chats don't exist anymore. Trying to find an alternate solution.
The way you do it is by simply adding people to a conversation by clicking the "add people" button. Just need their Skype mail I think.

User avatar
Shanoga
Wizard
Posts: 193
Joined: 03 Mar 2014 13:03
Location: US West

Re: Global Chat

Post by Shanoga » 08 May 2015 01:36

Cherek wrote:
Shanoga wrote:I haven't used IRC in ages. I just looked into setting up a Skype Chat Room and the public chats don't exist anymore. Trying to find an alternate solution.
The way you do it is by simply adding people to a conversation by clicking the "add people" button. Just need their Skype mail I think.
I was hoping for a way we could create a link to the chat without having to add people individually. That way we wouldn't have to add people ahead of time.
If I knew anybody on Skype at all I'd test it out to make sure.

User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 3198
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: Global Chat

Post by Cherek » 08 May 2015 02:27

Shanoga wrote:
Cherek wrote:
Shanoga wrote:I haven't used IRC in ages. I just looked into setting up a Skype Chat Room and the public chats don't exist anymore. Trying to find an alternate solution.
The way you do it is by simply adding people to a conversation by clicking the "add people" button. Just need their Skype mail I think.
I was hoping for a way we could create a link to the chat without having to add people individually. That way we wouldn't have to add people ahead of time.
If I knew anybody on Skype at all I'd test it out to make sure.
I am no expert, but in the only Skype chat I've been part of one of the existing members has to add people manually. It's pretty straightforward though.

Zestana
Expert
Posts: 277
Joined: 28 Apr 2011 21:07

Re: Global Chat

Post by Zestana » 08 May 2015 16:09

Skype group you have to add people manually. We used to have a BDA officers one set up. Its probably still there I just haven't logged into it in a couple months.
The opinions in these posts are not that of the player Zestana but that of the player Ilrahil. Having had my account removed due to irreconcilable differences with the administration it is the only way I am able to offer my opinion.

User avatar
Zhar
Wizard
Posts: 1014
Joined: 17 Apr 2012 12:09

Re: Global Chat

Post by Zhar » 08 May 2015 20:45

Cherek wrote:
Zhar wrote:
Aristos wrote:It would be nice to have a common skype chat room.
I'd rather resurrect the IRC channel. Easily accessible and easy to set up a bot to give op to the wizards.
But does anyone really use IRC? Especially our younger generation newbies?
Plenty of people still use IRC (even the younger generation). It's also very easy to link it on the website since most browsers nowadays come with built-in IRC client. It also allows for way more moderation (even automated one) and you can set up bots for all the fun things people have been asking for (LFG etc.).

http://deirdre.net/why-irc-still-rocks- ... ese-years/
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Syrk
Rising Hero
Posts: 362
Joined: 06 Jul 2011 22:24

Re: Global Chat

Post by Syrk » 09 May 2015 09:25

Cherek wrote:
Zhar wrote:
Aristos wrote:It would be nice to have a common skype chat room.
I'd rather resurrect the IRC channel. Easily accessible and easy to set up a bot to give op to the wizards.
But does anyone really use IRC? Especially our younger generation newbies?
Thanks to IRC being so niche, it is a great place for some activities. For example there are some ebooks channels dedicated to "sharing"... Getting an advance reading copy has never been easier.

User avatar
Snowrose
Rising Hero
Posts: 307
Joined: 09 Mar 2012 22:04
Location: Reseda
Contact:

Re: Global Chat

Post by Snowrose » 26 Jun 2015 08:21

There is skype or genesis does have a facebook page and facebook has a nice chat option.
Image

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/