Global Chat

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Global Chat

Post by Cherek » 07 May 2015 23:05

Zhar wrote:
Aristos wrote:It would be nice to have a common skype chat room.
I'd rather resurrect the IRC channel. Easily accessible and easy to set up a bot to give op to the wizards.
But does anyone really use IRC? Especially our younger generation newbies?

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 08 May 2015 00:24

I haven't used IRC in ages. I just looked into setting up a Skype Chat Room and the public chats don't exist anymore. Trying to find an alternate solution.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 08 May 2015 00:29

Shanoga wrote:I haven't used IRC in ages. I just looked into setting up a Skype Chat Room and the public chats don't exist anymore. Trying to find an alternate solution.
The way you do it is by simply adding people to a conversation by clicking the "add people" button. Just need their Skype mail I think.

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 08 May 2015 01:36

Cherek wrote:
Shanoga wrote:I haven't used IRC in ages. I just looked into setting up a Skype Chat Room and the public chats don't exist anymore. Trying to find an alternate solution.
The way you do it is by simply adding people to a conversation by clicking the "add people" button. Just need their Skype mail I think.
I was hoping for a way we could create a link to the chat without having to add people individually. That way we wouldn't have to add people ahead of time.
If I knew anybody on Skype at all I'd test it out to make sure.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 08 May 2015 02:27

Shanoga wrote:
Cherek wrote:
I was hoping for a way we could create a link to the chat without having to add people individually. That way we wouldn't have to add people ahead of time.
If I knew anybody on Skype at all I'd test it out to make sure.
I am no expert, but in the only Skype chat I've been part of one of the existing members has to add people manually. It's pretty straightforward though.

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 08 May 2015 16:09

Skype group you have to add people manually. We used to have a BDA officers one set up. Its probably still there I just haven't logged into it in a couple months.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 08 May 2015 20:45

Cherek wrote:
Zhar wrote:
I'd rather resurrect the IRC channel. Easily accessible and easy to set up a bot to give op to the wizards.
Plenty of people still use IRC (even the younger generation). It's also very easy to link it on the website since most browsers nowadays come with built-in IRC client. It also allows for way more moderation (even automated one) and you can set up bots for all the fun things people have been asking for (LFG etc.).

http://deirdre.net/why-irc-still-rocks- ... ese-years/
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 09 May 2015 09:25

Cherek wrote:
Zhar wrote:
Thanks to IRC being so niche, it is a great place for some activities. For example there are some ebooks channels dedicated to "sharing"... Getting an advance reading copy has never been easier.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 26 Jun 2015 08:21

There is skype or genesis does have a facebook page and facebook has a nice chat option.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/