Inventory saving time

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Chanele
Champion

Inventory saving time

Post by Chanele » 10 Jan 2016 22:43

Suggestion 1:
Remove the time limit on saving items such as herbs, packs and other items that always glows

Suggestion 2:
Expand the time limit by alot, maybe 2-6 months for the same items as above.

Pros: People who take a break or go away for long periods of time are more likely willing to return if the general items are still there. This has happened for me several times and it is really a motivation killer.

Cons: ?

Mystina

Re: Inventory saving time

Post by Mystina » 10 Jan 2016 23:41

Con is ppl can abuse this with characters by "finding" caches and hoarding things.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 11 Jan 2016 00:08

Chanele wrote:Suggestion 1:
Remove the time limit on saving items such as herbs, packs and other items that always glows

Suggestion 2:
Expand the time limit by alot, maybe 2-6 months for the same items as above.

Pros: People who take a break or go away for long periods of time are more likely willing to return if the general items are still there. This has happened for me several times and it is really a motivation killer.

Cons: ?
Well it's not two weeks anymore. Its at least more than a month... possibly more. It was changed a while ago, but none of the currently awake wizards remembers what the new limit is. We think Petros or Mercade might know.:)

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 11 Jan 2016 08:39

Alright.
I thought it was two weeks since I woke up with an empty inventory...
Anyway, why not remove the time limit? Will it require too much memory? I fail to see a problem with hoarding issues given the limitations in objects and how herbs works.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 11 Jan 2016 15:57

Chanele wrote:Alright.
I thought it was two weeks since I woke up with an empty inventory...
Anyway, why not remove the time limit? Will it require too much memory? I fail to see a problem with hoarding issues given the limitations in objects and how herbs works.
Well the initial idea with the limit was to encourage people to login more often, in order not to lose their stuff, and thus "remembering" to play Genesis. But as you said in your original post, my own experience was also that it rather worked in the opposite way if you missed logging in during those two weeks, and would make you less likely to play instead after losing your stuff.

So while the intention was good I too think the limit should be longer, and it is now. Should it be forever? I dont know. How will that affect things, will we have people with hundreds of thousands of herbs in a couple of years? Do we need to limit the number of herbs/components you can save? And does it have technical implications if we let stuff save forever? I do not think so, but it would be something someone like Mercade would need to answer.

If you were gone for a month and still lost your stuff, something must have gone wrong with you personally though, that does not sound right.

Mystina

Post by Mystina » 12 Jan 2016 01:50

Idk how this game works, but it is s memory thing, inventory data is saved per character.

More ppl who play more data used. Most graphical mmo have issues with Inventory.

No matter how much space is given ppl horde, and ask fir more.

Like ff14, a player can store up to 700+ items and for borders that still isn't enough, and our character data is pretty big compared to other graphical mmo so it makes adding more inventory sticky.

I know mud are not that data intensive, but I don't want things bogged down due to it either, if it can be done I support, if it can't it isn't a bother to me.

That's my 2cents.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/