autohunt, pvp's etc

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: autohunt, pvp's etc

Post by Draugor » 25 Jan 2016 17:47

cotillion wrote:Isn't the problem that many are unable to accept that they lost?
Guild councils who 'quit' rather than die for their guilds should perhaps be replaced?

It's not fun to accept defeat but you can only ignore reality for so long..

A main problem is probably the mentality that _EVERYONE_ has to die that the "bully" guilds have
Also the fact that they really dont do much else when they see someone online aside from scry the shit outa them, some people get scried within 10 secs of logging on, and then again every 10 minutes :P People feel there is no real use in going out since they cant fight back at all :P

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 25 Jan 2016 18:21

It's funny all guilds whose representatives took it up with Flaff actually won peace with that, except a very passive-agressive guild whose "head" decided to actively hunt Morr when he was hero sized. I wouldn't think doing that and then asking for peace after it proves futile is a rewarding strategy.

Elita
Apprentice

Post by Elita » 25 Jan 2016 19:31

I think this is interesting and would like to see some changes to make PvP more fun for everyone. (cant come up with anything useful atm, but I encourage the discussion)

As to small players getting caught in the mix of War, you should be prepared that could happen when/if you join a non-neutral guild, period. What intrigues me though in whats going on right now is that people (goodies) just seem to take it or choose to log in alts rather then actually gather a big enough team (there are big enough players) and just -try- to beat the shit out of the BDA's, give them something to think about. The Calians were successful to start with, then BDA recruited and woke up some big guns and all of a sudden the tides turned... I'd say the ball is in the goodies court now to come up with something or accept defeat.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 25 Jan 2016 20:31

Elita wrote:I think this is interesting and would like to see some changes to make PvP more fun for everyone. (cant come up with anything useful atm, but I encourage the discussion)

As to small players getting caught in the mix of War, you should be prepared that could happen when/if you join a non-neutral guild, period. What intrigues me though in whats going on right now is that people (goodies) just seem to take it or choose to log in alts rather then actually gather a big enough team (there are big enough players) and just -try- to beat the shit out of the BDA's, give them something to think about. The Calians were successful to start with, then BDA recruited and woke up some big guns and all of a sudden the tides turned... I'd say the ball is in the goodies court now to come up with something or accept defeat.

Think they have tried that at the start? Right? Didnt go to well...

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 25 Jan 2016 20:47

If the Neidar could with poor RPer Thane, so why others cant? :P

Elita
Apprentice

Post by Elita » 25 Jan 2016 20:51

Think they have tried that at the start? Right? Didnt go to well...
You mean to tell me that the goodies dont have the manpower to get a team together of decent size (I mean I have heard here that the Calians are soooooo OP) to give the BDA's a run for their money? Key factor though (for calians atleast) is TEAM, what I see/hear all deaths lately have been gankings..

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 25 Jan 2016 21:31

I just don't understand why they would start attacking monks.

Creed

Post by Creed » 25 Jan 2016 22:20

Aye.. the whole issue with the whole Dragon Order goes over my head also.

I understand the "Don't join a non-neutral guild, if you want to avoid war"..
Then I join a neutral guild, and still end up in a war.

Usually people in neutral guilds are just placed on a kill-list, and dealt with individually.
For some reason, though, the BDA want people to leave/or be removed from DO, and therefore have declared war.

But I guess we can see on the rankings page what has come from all this time of war.
Half the people on the grind-xp list are BDA, since all the others who used to be out and about, taking some of the xp, are not playing. :p
I took my fair share before, and now.. I don't.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 25 Jan 2016 22:25

Arcon wrote:I just don't understand why they would start attacking monks.

Something about Seren and Balhut, killing Barak and assisting in other fights or something

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 03 Feb 2016 17:24

Autohunt triggers used to be illegal because winning a playerfight because you have a faster link was unfair.

I guess the powers that be don't see things that way anymore.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/