autohunt, pvp's etc

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ydred
Veteran

Re: autohunt, pvp's etc

Post by Ydred » 22 Jan 2016 18:34

PvP will always be unbalanced to some degree. This is what I think imbues were meant to be. One way to allow some balance might be to make imbues weaker the bigger you are and stornger the smaller you are. Not sure how this would work and what the thresholds are etc but it could be done. Maybe imbues work differently when in pvp .... so if someone attacks you this 'new' effect would take place til you attacked an npc.

Also I remember being smaller long ago. Fourtcoer and I chasing afer Monkia was disaster. Nikiel and I chasing after Monika or Fergor and I was quite successful. And it was fun in all ways. Monika tried to kill me many times and never was successful. Jooli did get me and it was still fun. Cherek killed Jooli the next day or two to avenge me in Flotsam. I do miss those days but size was not an issue for me. It was just fun to chase after a legend such as Monika or run from. And death was much more costly back then. It could take more time then when I was probably rising hero in size to get back to size than it takes a person now at 240. So I dont think making death to pvp easier will help since we already die so few times now and grow tons.

And oh do I miss the fun Zoirenna and Peridot could get me in :) Neraka was interesting back then.

P.S. I sort of like, upon a quick thought the imbues working differently in pvp. Maybe we have two imbue lapidariums .... one for pvp and one for pve. You can move any pve stone to pvp but not backwards. The pve box would remain the same ... the pvp one would allow you to more quickly combine stones .... so instead of 1 3 9 27 81 .... it could be 1 2 4 8 16 .... these pvp stones only work in pvp .... so if you are wearing a faint str it will do 25 pts ..... and same in pvp this is a pve stone ... but if you are wearing a pvp faint str ... as soon as you enter pvp it increases your size relative to legend? or something ..... the smaller you are the stronger it makes you .... and the bigger you are not as much ..... so like a titan gets 50pts from a pvp stone .... and a super myth gets nothing? .... (probably keep using the old pve stones so they get something but at a much higher cost)

Jooli
Adept

Post by Jooli » 22 Jan 2016 19:43

Speaking of wizards on a killingspree, a Wizday would be fun!

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 23 Jan 2016 09:59

[

Kvator: We've been discussing ideas very similar to that one for some time now. There has been attempts to implement the autohunt-break thing as well, but it's proven to be easier said than done as I understand.

I generally agree though. To make PVP fun again there are a number of things that need to change game-design wise, including a more fun and fair "hunt" system. Size differences also gets in the way of fun PVP, and the different types of PVP abilities available also cause issues, as well as some guild being recoded and some don't. So there's lot of things we could improve.

I hope now with the increased number of players, and also increased numbers of new wizards, and old returning, we may eventually have the wizard manpower to actually look into things like this. As with anything, some skilled wizard needs to have the time and motivation to make it happen. And those wizards dont grow on trees...[/quote]

Whatever the wizards do plan it fast please, because with the current war i see less and less good aligment players around, for jooli, cassius and morrison seem to have a plan to kill them all.
i like a good old fashion pvp, but seriously what good change do i have against them... i cant quest, visit sparkle or hunt decent these days.
about the death recovery (although i agree its a different subject) dying is also hard to recover from because of the reasons i ve pointed out.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 23 Jan 2016 11:08

I like some of the ideas posted here.
Autohunt is abit flawed giving you a bonus for having a good connection, good script abilities and distance to the Donut computer.

How about adding a new global skill, Diversion.
In general AG:s you can train 10-20 skill points which equal a percentage chance to escape using a diversion. Diversion is simply a command that removes the visability of which exit you go.

Some guilds might have a few extra skillpoints and chance of success due to theme, Thieves and SS is the ones that I can think of.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 23 Jan 2016 11:10

gold bezie wrote:[

Kvator: We've been discussing ideas very similar to that one for some time now. There has been attempts to implement the autohunt-break thing as well, but it's proven to be easier said than done as I understand.

I generally agree though. To make PVP fun again there are a number of things that need to change game-design wise, including a more fun and fair "hunt" system. Size differences also gets in the way of fun PVP, and the different types of PVP abilities available also cause issues, as well as some guild being recoded and some don't. So there's lot of things we could improve.

I hope now with the increased number of players, and also increased numbers of new wizards, and old returning, we may eventually have the wizard manpower to actually look into things like this. As with anything, some skilled wizard needs to have the time and motivation to make it happen. And those wizards dont grow on trees...
Whatever the wizards do plan it fast please, because with the current war i see less and less good aligment players around, for jooli, cassius and morrison seem to have a plan to kill them all.
i like a good old fashion pvp, but seriously what good change do i have against them... i cant quest, visit sparkle or hunt decent these days.
about the death recovery (although i agree its a different subject) dying is also hard to recover from because of the reasons i ve pointed out.[/quote]

An issue might be that they are overdoing the hunting wich is scaring people off, those that do logg on tend to huddle in their guilds.
Thing is tho, they arent doing anything illegal as pvp is free in gen :P

And size differences getting in the way? People gain size so they can pvp easier in general

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 23 Jan 2016 12:51

Oh Draugor but i agree there, there is nothing illegal about it. But with some changes the smaller ones like myself would have more change of playing a bit lately.
Really.... do people like the game now more with only evil or neutral aligment players and newbies out on the streets?

sorry for whining :lol:
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Creed

Post by Creed » 23 Jan 2016 13:03

I am sure the BDA like that many of us have gone into hiding, having no interesting in being killed.

Now they have a lot more of the XP areas to themselves, so they are able to grow even bigger than the rest of us than before.

Emraht

Post by Emraht » 23 Jan 2016 14:55

When people are talking about auto-hunt, are they talking about someone scripting a trigger that says if you go east, they go east automatically? And are they saying they don't know how to break that?

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 23 Jan 2016 15:07

Emraht wrote:When people are talking about auto-hunt, are they talking about someone scripting a trigger that says if you go east, they go east automatically? And are they saying they don't know how to break that?

Alot of people dont :P "blabla leaves drop all" and just doublestepping so the trigger cant keep up seems hard to :P

Freya
Beginner

Post by Freya » 23 Jan 2016 16:05

What Bda is doing today, is nothing diffrent than the Calians did previously with their super-myth teams running around killing anyone they could.

It goes back and forth ,depending who got the most active big players.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/