autohunt, pvp's etc

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Atouth
Beginner

Re: autohunt, pvp's etc

Post by Atouth » 23 Jan 2016 19:27

Emraht wrote:When people are talking about auto-hunt, are they talking about someone scripting a trigger that says if you go east, they go east automatically? And are they saying they don't know how to break that?
So lets share some solutions for auto-hunt triggers? Aint it fair, as such triggers are illegal? Some of us are not an experts in mechanics, thankfully.

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 23 Jan 2016 20:19

Atouth wrote:
Emraht wrote:When people are talking about auto-hunt, are they talking about someone scripting a trigger that says if you go east, they go east automatically? And are they saying they don't know how to break that?
So lets share some solutions for auto-hunt triggers? Aint it fair, as such triggers are illegal? Some of us are not an experts in mechanics, thankfully.
It s not illegal atouth ;) Im no expert either in these things. Try making a speedpath to some save rooms you know.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 24 Jan 2016 01:55

What happened to the days when Large players stuck to killing large players ... and "would waste their time or energy" on killing smaller players?
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 25 Jan 2016 11:47

It's always been the same, that large char owners created multitudes of smaller chars to piss other people off (i.e. log an alt only to chain-scry all online ppl with the palantir, keep a smallfry thief with "borrowed sneak/hide eq" at the enchanter to rob ppl, etc.) and effectively warring in Genesis became more and more personal over the decades. Poeple realized, that it's the disruptive PLAYERS you need to encourage to change, not just kill their biggest characer, who is idle-hiding in guild anyway. There have been ppl in the past who were so bored they "politically RP'ed" their own characters in different guilds to have the guilds war eachother, never leaving the guild halls themselves. Others (sometimes even wizards) used smallfry alts to piss ppl off and then logged their "mains" to finish what they couldn't deliver with alts. Etc. etc.
Ppl grew tired of other ppl bullshit.

Also the tactic to kill smallfry members of a guild you're at war with was always in place. Laurel squire couldn't even kattack back (no dis) when some of the DA killed her up to 2 times per day.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 25 Jan 2016 12:30

Laurel wrote:It's always been the same, that large char owners created multitudes of smaller chars to piss other people off (i.e. log an alt only to chain-scry all online ppl with the palantir, keep a smallfry thief with "borrowed sneak/hide eq" at the enchanter to rob ppl, etc.) and effectively warring in Genesis became more and more personal over the decades. Poeple realized, that it's the disruptive PLAYERS you need to encourage to change, not just kill their biggest characer, who is idle-hiding in guild anyway. There have been ppl in the past who were so bored they "politically RP'ed" their own characters in different guilds to have the guilds war eachother, never leaving the guild halls themselves. Others (sometimes even wizards) used smallfry alts to piss ppl off and then logged their "mains" to finish what they couldn't deliver with alts. Etc. etc.
Ppl grew tired of other ppl bullshit.

Also the tactic to kill smallfry members of a guild you're at war with was always in place. Laurel squire couldn't even kattack back (no dis) when some of the DA killed her up to 2 times per day.

You really should back up some a post with facts, or else it is really hard to take seriously. You know that.

As for the last part, the small people usually pays the price, when the big ones start a war out of boredom. Personally, I would also go for the small potatoes, in order to hurt morale. It is a perfectly viable tactic :)
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 25 Jan 2016 15:34

Avatar wrote:You really should back up some a post with facts, or else it is really hard to take seriously. You know that.
Really can't - it's against the rules and you know it, man :)

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 25 Jan 2016 15:39

Well, the BDA doesnt just go for the small potato's alone, i must give them that... Its just that almost everyone seems small against some of them...
And it is a good tactic for sure, it works we all see that, and Avatar is probably very right that these players are probably just bored and have nothing better to do than start a war with almost every guild. What i just dont get is that bored people dont just find a thing to do... Play another game, read a good book, watch a movie etc.

But lets go back to the idea's that are spread here. Any wizard want to react on those?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 25 Jan 2016 15:52

There are bored people in every corner, like the Rangers who decide to attempt a drop-brawl on a totally neutral (to Rangers) gladiator/minotaur in Sparkle. Or the guy(s?) who decide to reroll to completely new chars so they can go only PvP on them (there's been quite a few of these over the years, with some recently as well).
It's part of every game.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 25 Jan 2016 16:17

gold bezie wrote: But lets go back to the idea's that are spread here. Any wizard want to react on those?
Sure, lot's of interesting ideas. I too think PVP would be more fun for _everyone_ , even the super big ones, if it was somehow more even. Because what happens now is what has happened a lot of other times before. It's the same cycle. Conflict starts, the big ones kill smaller ones, people go into hiding or change char, the big ones eventually get bored because there is nobody to fight, and they stop playing or change char. And we go back to peaceful Genesis a while. Until the cycle repeats itself.

So yeah, it would most likely be more fun for both hunter and hunted if we had a game where most players stand a chance in PVP. Exactly how to get there... well there's tons of ideas, global hunt abilities, anti-hunt abilities, accelerated growth so everyone becomes bigger, scale sizes so everyone becomes smaller, cap sizes, have a special PVP skill, make stats count less in PVP, have areas with PVP and areas without, scale people to similar sizes in those areas with PVP, reduce imbues effect on big players and increase it on small, etc.

But don't forget that regardless how even and fair we make the PVP system, there will always be players behind the keyboard who are much more skilled in the art of PVP too. All imbalances in PVP are not the game's fault. The current BDAs are some of the more lethal PVPers in the game today, and they've been that regardless of guild. That pat won't change even if all players would have the exact same stats.

I agree though, there is definitely room for improvement in Genesis PVP system, I think all wizards know that. There are always things that needs to be done or things that can be improved. Always. I know I am repeating myself, but we are getting more wizards, and one day someone might present a brilliant idea regarding PVP and also be willing to make it happen.

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 25 Jan 2016 16:29

Isn't the problem that many are unable to accept that they lost?
Guild councils who 'quit' rather than die for their guilds should perhaps be replaced?

It's not fun to accept defeat but you can only ignore reality for so long..

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/