Changes

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laurel

Changes

Post by Laurel » 19 Feb 2016 15:31

1. No brute till at least rising hero. Possibly titan. (not my idea, but I like it)
2. All items always save. They just fade out, but at the speed of (example) the crescent axe or the gigantic sword. All of them. You can estimate by looking how long it will serve you (similar to gems in corrupted mithril weapons).
3. No items are no-break (not even the great code of weapons from Onyx).
4. Items as easy to break as runed falchions, bloody skull clubs, etc. are improved to one standard - slow dull/wear out.
5. Players can go through a painful and long quest chain to receive own indestructible sockets (one/two per char) to use imbues without the fear of breaking it from the next hit. These last for a set amount of time (not play-time!) - longer than pt. 2, but shorter than 2 Armageddons.
6. Maul/plex can still break armours.
7. Plex can still break weapons.
8. Instanced (or whatever you guys have promised) grinding areas which discourage scripting are finally introduced and give better rewards than current scripts. Stop talking - start implementing.
9. Death penalty is changed - to what, I don't know, but suggested solutions should be tested on the whole population for a few months. My idea for now - all your gear suffers 90% time loss.
10. No more obscure additions to the game are made. All new items, locations, quests, mobs are auto-introduced via a dedicated board or page section - in RP fashion, but no more "code shit for self/friends".
11. Guilds are no longer ran by players, but there are hard-coded indicators when punishment/expell is introduced.

Feel free to discuss above and add your own.

cotillion
Site Admin

Re: Changes

Post by cotillion » 19 Feb 2016 15:53

Brutality should still just go away.
As quest xp has been rewarded in events, weekly quests and with different multiplier levels over the years its just not a good mechanic.

Variations of 2-4 have been discussed and it's likely something like it will be implemented soonish.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 19 Feb 2016 16:14

cotillion wrote:Brutality should still just go away.
As quest xp has been rewarded in events, weekly quests and with different multiplier levels over the years its just not a good mechanic.

Variations of 2-4 have been discussed and it's likely something like it will be implemented soonish.
Cot - 8. pls.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 19 Feb 2016 16:24

12. Implement fatique restoring imbue.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 19 Feb 2016 16:32

13. Finally make a bow skill imbue.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 19 Feb 2016 17:01

Good ideas Laurel.

I would suggest Death Penalty in PVP should change.. not sure about all Death Penalty.
I'd want to see it possibly reduced to 1-2 fantastics loss/setback.
And make recovery not work on PVP deaths since it will be so much more minimal of a setback.
Also - still feel some kind of reward should be implemented for killing in PVP .. either guild/faction based... or personal.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 19 Feb 2016 17:18

Love this stuff! Thanks, Laurel, for taking the time to post serious ideas for improvement. That's the sort of thing we do need to hear, and stuff we really do consider.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 20 Feb 2016 06:03

Removal of Death Penalty fixes nothing.
It just makes the current issues even more prominent.
Introduce a hard cap for size.
All other EXP could be rewarded in another way, like using excess EXP to buy imbues, or like Laurel mentioned unbreakable sockets.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 20 Feb 2016 11:15

Amberlee wrote:Removal of Death Penalty fixes nothing.
All other EXP could be rewarded in another way, like using excess EXP to buy imbues, or like Laurel mentioned unbreakable sockets.
We'd have the problem of imbue balance again then, but it would atleast be a WAY more leveled playing field

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 20 Feb 2016 11:59

Amberlee wrote:Removal of Death Penalty fixes nothing.
Really? You'd advocate for a hard stat cap? Maybe I'm misreading your suggestion?

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/