Quoting

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kitriana
Champion

Quoting

Post by Kitriana » 23 Feb 2016 11:07

Can I make a small request to the peeps who are quoting other people .... some of us have blocked certain trolls so we don't see their messages. When you quote what they say ... we have to read their nonsense anyways. Please try to keep quoting to a minimum and only when REALLY necessary.

Thanks a million! :D
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Quoting

Post by Cherek » 23 Feb 2016 11:40

Kitriana wrote:Can I make a small request to the peeps who are quoting other people .... some of us have blocked certain trolls so we don't see their messages. When you quote what they say ... we have to read their nonsense anyways. Please try to keep quoting to a minimum and only when REALLY necessary.

Thanks a million! :D
Uh. So we're not going to quote anyone now in case someone has a person blocked? How are we supposed to know who has who blocked?:) Sorry, I will continue to quote people if I think it makes it easier to understand what I am replying to.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 23 Feb 2016 11:46

I'm asking to be specific in the quotes. Instead of quoting and requoting the WHOLE text belonging to multiple people that isn't even what you're replying to.

Otherwise -- whats the point in banning people's comments you don't want to see. You might as well delete the feature.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 23 Feb 2016 11:54

Heh. Well, so if you have Amberlee blocked, and she says "Hello Cherek", and I reply quoting that saying "Hello Amberlee", do you see What Amberlee wrote then? Or is it only in nested quotes it happens?

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 23 Feb 2016 12:14

She's asking for some common sense in quoting. Is it too much? :)

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 23 Feb 2016 12:16

It only blocks the actual posts made by the banned individual.

Obviously I get if someone wants to reply specifically to what somewhat wrote and quote something specific that they wrote. But people tend to just habitually hit quote and it copies the WHOLE text without any editing through (I get we are all short on time)... and often times then people will quote someone who has already quoted someone .. making it a double quote.

Just asking for people to try maybe have better quoting habits and keep them to specifics of what they are addressing instead of blanket quotes and double quotes... and triple quotes.

:)

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 23 Feb 2016 12:18

Yes -- thank you Laurel.
You have been making lots of sense lately...
Did you have some spa holiday? :)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 23 Feb 2016 12:20

I agree on the double and triple quotes, and the common sense in quoting, it just sounded like you did not want specific people quoted at all, which seemed like an odd request. If Laurel makes a long post it's only logical for me to break it down and quote things I want to answer, then if you happen to have him blocked... well... there's not much we can do about it...?

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 23 Feb 2016 12:28

Yes Cherek -- of course. But people often quote things that don't need to be quoted and have nothing to do with what they are addressing.
And sometimes honestly.. a quote isn't necessarily.. you just need to direct it at the person specifically... So they know you are responding to them.

I get that I won't be able to avoid certain people altogether... just hoping for better quote habits so I can MAYBE avoid them a little more than I currently am.

Otherwise .. I think I'll just have to throw the baby out with the bathwater and just ban myself from the forums altogether. (Self imposed of course).
Just tired of certain individuals' toxic presence here and I would prefer to focus on the positive and/or constructive posts going forward.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 23 Feb 2016 13:05

Kitriana wrote:Yes Cherek -- of course. But people often quote things that don't need to be quoted and have nothing to do with what they are addressing.
And sometimes honestly.. a quote isn't necessarily.. you just need to direct it at the person specifically... So they know you are responding to them.

I get that I won't be able to avoid certain people altogether... just hoping for better quote habits so I can MAYBE avoid them a little more than I currently am.

Otherwise .. I think I'll just have to throw the baby out with the bathwater and just ban myself from the forums altogether. (Self imposed of course).
Just tired of certain individuals' toxic presence here and I would prefer to focus on the positive and/or constructive posts going forward.
Well, perhaps we should add threads to flames more often..? Since I assume you are staying out of flames already?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/