Stopping script-buying on the Auction House

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ydred
Veteran

Re: Stopping script-buying on the Auction House

Post by Ydred » 09 Mar 2016 19:04

Ah my mistake. I missed the unlimited bids in 5mins. For some reason my brain flipped the 5mins into 5 bids in 5mins. Not sure why.
But you're worried of people idling 24/7 to buy everything they want on scripts? Or? Then no, this won't "solve" that. If that is a problem? Is it?
No, I thought G said that AH bots would lose all stones in lapidarium. Or maybe he meant only the ones who would have stayed in Sparkle in a previous example and run from church to place bid at AH. I guess it could be an issue if someone 24/7 bots but I think we could deal with that when it arises? Since this idea would work out alot of the issues with minimal coding?
Last edited by Ydred on 09 Mar 2016 19:14, edited 1 time in total.

Jar
Apprentice

Post by Jar » 09 Mar 2016 19:12

This idea isn't bad overall, even a final draw feature.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 09 Mar 2016 19:36

I rather like Cotillion's idea as well.
I don't see the pitfalls in it .. unless someone can point one out?
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

morgzaash
Adventurer

Post by morgzaash » 09 Mar 2016 20:31

I agree. Cotillion got great idea.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 09 Mar 2016 20:40

I like Cot's idea too. Code it, Cot! :-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Sykil
Adept

Post by Sykil » 09 Mar 2016 21:55

This for items with buy out#

I like the idea for bidding in person better. You have to be in person to pick up. Why not to max buy? 5 seconds, 5 minute, 50 minute is all same. Scripter still get in automatically to random draw. Random draw makes no sense. How this is fair? We pick from scripters who does not have to stop bot-grinding to win everything. 3 scripters get free chance while they bot-grind. Maybe 1 player without script notice in time? then 75% is scripter win for doing nothing.

Make them stop. Make them go to sparkle for the win. Person who want the most as in willing to stop doing to go and bid in house win.

The solution that eliminates advantage of script automation is bid in person on max buyout. No other proposal does effect.
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide

Sykil
Adept

Post by Sykil » 09 Mar 2016 22:10

AoP, I suspect bot players are idling in they guild hall just to bid already. I hope this is being looked for.
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 09 Mar 2016 22:26

AoP, I suspect bot players are idling in they guild hall just to bid already. I hope this is being looked for.
I think G did state that he would remove all of our lapidarium stones if we do this. So I think they intend to do this, even though he stated this in reference to those who would bot into AH to bid at AH if they choose to implement a 'fix' by making us all run to AH.

So I doubt they will let anyone do this without harsh penalty if we use Cots method or yours.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 09 Mar 2016 22:51

Ydred wrote:
I think G did state that he would remove all of our lapidarium stones if we do this. So I think they intend to do this, even though he stated this in reference to those who would bot into AH to bid at AH if they choose to implement a 'fix' by making us all run to AH.

So I doubt they will let anyone do this without harsh penalty if we use Cots method or yours.
Uhm. I think Gorboth was brainstorming ideas, just like everyone else? I am not even sure he was serious? Gorboth?:)

And when it comes to players and punishments Mirandus is the AoP so ultimately it's up to him how to handle people who idle in guilds to buy things on script. (If that actually happens). It's not specifically covered in our rules, so as it stands it really has to be an AoP judgement thing, until/unless rules are changed.

Is it actually breaking any rule, or is it harmful for the game? I am not sure where I stand myself to be honest.

Either way, I think IF we do not want this, is not a captcha when bidding better than rules and punishments? Saves some trouble for AoP, and saves players from getting into trouble with AoP?

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 09 Mar 2016 22:57

Either way, I think IF we do not want this, is not a captcha when bidding better than rules and punishments? Saves some trouble for AoP, and saves players from getting into trouble with AoP?
Probably true and maybe G was just saying we can make the penalty so harsh players wont even try it. I dont think idle botting is bad. It helps new players get days so they can get free emotes. And some want to be on legend list. But these dont help you much other than maybe doing a few quests which require time in game before being able to complete. Such as Dwarf Gate in Krynn.

However, I am of the opinion that idle bot killing and idle bidding on scripts is not the spirit of the game. I see it the same as botting for xps. Both give you gains.

So a captcha would alleviate more paperwork for admin. And keep anyone from breaking what I think of as the spirit of the game.
Last edited by Ydred on 09 Mar 2016 23:02, edited 2 times in total.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/