Stopping script-buying on the Auction House

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Irk
Rising Hero

Re: Stopping script-buying on the Auction House

Post by Irk » 07 Apr 2016 00:52

Whats the difference, they are still useless, so system is dead anyway...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 07 Apr 2016 01:50

Jar wrote:If they had really wanted improvements it would have been done already.
I guess this whole topic was a waste of time.
There is quite a big step from discussing a potential idea to someone actually doing the work to code, test, and implement it. Just because something doesn't happen instantly, or this month, or even this year does not mean the discussion was useless. Actually Gorboth did code a pretty cool thing for this, so it's not forgotten at all, but as usual you can never make a promise when or if something will be implemented.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 07 Apr 2016 01:52

Yeah, I actually got busy with Easter and Holy Week RL, so I completely forgot about it. Still needs doing.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Val
Apprentice

Post by Val » 07 Apr 2016 22:10

Cherek, Gorboth. Do not take me wrong. I do appretiate your job, I do understand coding and implementing things take time. But this discussion kind of ended with Gorboth's declaring:
gorboth wrote:I'm interested in the challenge of creating a captcha that would foil script interpretation. I'll set my mind to it.
G.
So, after some time, I would like to point out that we do not really need a sophisticated solution which will take weeks or moths to implement. The problem is not scripts bidding. The problem is how fast they buyout. And that, I believe, could be solved much faster and much easier than with very advanced captha.

PS. The another issue is, that like Irk pointed out, the system is in fact dead. Imbues are so rare that completing a set of 9 stones to make an ordinary one wil take a year or more (?) anyway, hard to predict period of time. After we collect it we will use it for 10 days or so. So the importance of such improvement is so low, that noone really cares.

Not sure if previous system was the best, but at least it was attractive. It added something to the game. This one is not good for sure. Just not attractive enough to make ppl care. You could as well remove it completely. No pratical difference.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 08 Apr 2016 01:26

Oh, I finished the "advanced captcha" a few weeks back, and it works great. We just never implemented it! :P

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/