weekly quests and quest xp

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
trick
Apprentice

Re: weekly quests and quest xp

Post by trick » 21 Mar 2016 20:38

Really.

I can't see what kind of problem people are trying to solve here. Or rather, I can't see, if people have thought out the consequences.... if their wish is granted somehow.

Want to be a myth in a month? Why?

If getting biggest is your goal, don't you see that as soon as you reach the soft cap, you will have nothing more to strive to?

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 21 Mar 2016 21:06

trick wrote:Really.

I can't see what kind of problem people are trying to solve here. Or rather, I can't see, if people have thought out the consequences.... if their wish is granted somehow.

If getting biggest is your goal, don't you see that as soon as you reach the soft cap, you will have nothing more to strive to?

My method would take at least 1year to complete max xps.

You wont get to a myth in one month with max quests. You can if you know quests get to myth in under a year. It is alot of effort though.

I think what most want is to know they are on even playing ground and seeing helped maximally by your quest xps sort of defines that.

Irk is still busy griding away. And so are several others. Way past myth. Having fun.

Mayobe
Adept

Post by Mayobe » 21 Mar 2016 21:34

It's not really a binary thing in my mind. I don't want questing to go away or to become meaningless. I'm just not really enjoying the extant system where questing holds progress hostage. I'm not proposing or supporting any specific change at this point. I just want people thinking about it. Maybe someone will say something smart.

:lol:

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 21 Mar 2016 21:55

Ydred wrote:
trick wrote:Really.

My method would take at least 1year to complete max xps.

You wont get to a myth in one month with max quests. You can if you know quests get to myth in under a year. It is alot of effort though.

I think what most want is to know they are on even playing ground and seeing helped maximally by your quest xps sort of defines that.

Irk is still busy griding away. And so are several others. Way past myth. Having fun.

I'ts been done in under 6 months played :P

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 21 Mar 2016 22:02

Mayobe wrote:'m just not really enjoying the extant system where questing holds progress hostage.
:lol:
So this is not the game for you :)

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 21 Mar 2016 23:10

Mayobe wrote:(I still have to fight the syntax.)

Incidentally I just spent four hours questing and my brute went from brutal to somewhat brutal.

That's the part that chafes the most.
Ask a non grinder how much time it takes to rise one level in brute and then come back here and repeat this is a problem.

Mayobe
Adept

Post by Mayobe » 22 Mar 2016 01:43

Chanele wrote:

Incidentally I just spent four hours questing and my brute went from brutal to somewhat brutal.

Ask a non grinder how much time it takes to rise one level in brute and then come back here and repeat this is a problem.
Huh?

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 22 Mar 2016 03:31

Mayobe wrote:
Chanele wrote:

Huh?
They're saying that for someone who doesn't grind mobs like mad, four hours spent to lower the brutality level by one is nothing compared to the many more hours it would take to raise it up by one.

Mayobe
Adept

Post by Mayobe » 22 Mar 2016 08:45

Well... There's no benefit in raising it, but at the lower levels it shoots up like a rocket... ?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/