Next Event?

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Melarec
Rising Hero

Next Event?

Post by Melarec » 27 May 2016 09:19

(Maybe this should go in General? Meh. Admins, please move it if need be..)

I was thinking perhaps a role-play focused event? One not geared for grinding or hunting or being the strongest player.
Like individuals have to practice their acting skills and take to the stage doing performances for live judges. People could make groups and act together, performing grand plays depicting Genesis' adventuresome lore. Or there could be some fanciful quest that traverses the realms and requires a diligent <nod> and a sly <wink> at the proper time.

I, for one, think this would be very fun. Also, it would be very hard to script for, which the last event had a problem with.
Perhaps I'm the only one who would like this. <shrug> I do have some nutty ideas. :roll:

EDIT: Typo

Alisa
Hero

Re: Next Event?

Post by Alisa » 27 May 2016 10:13

Melarec wrote:Or there could be some fanciful quest that traverses the realms and requires a diligent <nod> and a sly <wink> at the proper time.
Since this is text based, anything that required a response makes it able to be scripted when the players know the commands and reaction. You can slow it down with different syntaxes on when you should do it, but a script and triggers can always be made.

A solution is always simple when found, but can be hard to find.

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 30 May 2016 01:15

The point is, the player wouldn't know the response beforehand. They would have to infer and deduce. Something machines aren't great at.
Plus it would take the fun out of it. Grinding can be tedious; automating it makes it bearable.
This wouldn't be repetitive (unless you had alts doing the same quest over and over) so there'd be no point in scripting it.

No one else had any comments?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 30 May 2016 02:54

We've had plays and poem events in the past, check out the museum! So sure, we could do it again if we find a wizard who wants to handle it, as with anything.

I am not sure I understand your other idea...?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/