New Islands

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Melarec
Rising Hero

New Islands

Post by Melarec » 07 Jun 2016 06:21

Isla Sorna and Isla Nublar anyone?

I, for one, love dinosaurs.
I'm not sure how it fits in with the rest of Genesis, but neither am I sure how most of Middle Earth got transplanted onto the donut, so I guess it could work.

Perhaps a certain wizard genetically engineered a bunch of super monsters in order to reclaim a certain lost island? It has style, I'll give it that.

Of course, I know there are a bunch of other projects being done currently, but it would be nice to know if Jurassic Park could be put on the future agenda. :)

Titan

Re: New Islands

Post by Avatar » 07 Jun 2016 08:04

Melarec wrote:Isla Sorna and Isla Nublar anyone?

I, for one, love dinosaurs.
I'm not sure how it fits in with the rest of Genesis, but neither am I sure how most of Middle Earth got transplanted onto the donut, so I guess it could work.

Perhaps a certain wizard genetically engineered a bunch of super monsters in order to reclaim a certain lost island? It has style, I'll give it that.

Of course, I know there are a bunch of other projects being done currently, but it would be nice to know if Jurassic Park could be put on the future agenda. :)
Uhm....please stop. No dinosaurs. You've got the wrong game if you want such things.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 07 Jun 2016 12:25

I think an island full of horrible monsters sounds great. I never heard of dinosaurs in fantasy worlds though...? Maybe some sort of demons or dragonkin would be more fitting?

You have a lot of ideas Melarec, ever considering wizzing and making one (or more) of them happen?

Titan

Post by Avatar » 07 Jun 2016 12:49

Cherek wrote:I think an island full of horrible monsters sounds great. I never heard of dinosaurs in fantasy worlds though...? Maybe some sort of demons or dragonkin would be more fitting?

You have a lot of ideas Melarec, ever considering wizzing and making one (or more) of them happen?
/signed
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 07 Jun 2016 20:06

Cherek wrote:... ever considering wizzing ...
I have, and will look into it when my schedule clears up.
Currently, I'm caught up in college classes and don't have time to learn another language.

*Unless Genesis runs off JS.. That's something I've been meaning to ask. Even still.. I'm a bit rusty and was never really fluent to begin with.. Though I can make a clock! I made a Gallifreyan clock with JS once. It spun and everything. I still have it somewhere.. :roll:

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 08 Jun 2016 05:16

Cherek wrote:I think an island full of horrible monsters sounds great. I never heard of dinosaurs in fantasy worlds though...? Maybe some sort of demons or dragonkin would be more fitting?

Well... the dragon isles, North of... Nordmaar I believe? Inhabited by good dragons, it pre-dates the current timeline tho I believe :P

Mumon
Wanderer

Post by Mumon » 08 Jun 2016 15:49

Cherek wrote: ... I never heard of dinosaurs in fantasy worlds though...? ...
Gasp!!

Know your pen and paper RPG history!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Isle_of_Dread

/Old fart

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 08 Jun 2016 15:53

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 08 Jun 2016 15:56

Cherek, correct me if i'm wrong but i have heard that if you dig deeply enough into the donut there is a subterranean lost land of dinosaurs?

If only players could dig deeply...

kirsach
Wanderer

Post by kirsach » 08 Jun 2016 17:45

Arman wrote:Cherek, correct me if i'm wrong but i have heard that if you dig deeply enough into the donut there is a subterranean lost land of dinosaurs?

If only players could dig deeply...
Wow - perfect place for Monks to train unarmed combat with so huge monsters, since they dont like , hurt dragons...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/