Genesis Forums
https://www.genesismud.org/forums/

Races of Krynn/Genesis
https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3680
Page 2 of 3

Author:  Draugor [ 26 Jul 2016 21:15 ]
Post subject:  Re: Races of Krynn/Genesis

Kitriana wrote:
Agreed Draugor

While I don't necessarily want to be looped under "krynn racial" ... it would be nice to have a racial option that actually fit with our RP.

I know Lilith had some really imaginative ideas for a racial guild at one point .. but it got filed under "Christmas Project"



Agreed, not under Krynn :o

Krynn doesent really need stuff added to that racial, most of the places have thematic racials wich fit very well

Author:  Arman [ 27 Jul 2016 00:57 ]
Post subject:  Re: Races of Krynn/Genesis

I'd suggest petitioning Avenir wizards to see if any are interested in creating racial guilds for the domain. You'd need someone who is across the theme and lore of the area to work on it, otherwise you end up with something that undermines the foundations of that domain (for Krynn, it would be like someone unfamiliar with the domain adding the Knights of Takhisis or orcs, or a Barny loving Purple Dragonarmy).

OR

Become a wizard. Coding skills, in particular for things like a cosmetic racial guild, are secondary to creative skills. If I can do it, anyone can. If you think there are elements in the game that lead to a hole in the narrative of your playing experience, take a lead in changing that :)

Author:  Cherek [ 27 Jul 2016 03:47 ]
Post subject:  Re: Races of Krynn/Genesis

Kitriana: Right now we have one active Avenir wizard. Lucius. Is he interested in doing a Sybarite race guild? I have no idea. I probably would not stand in the way of something like that, but someone has to come up with an idea and volunteer to code it. Or like Arman said, wiz and code it. Just because something players have asked for a long time isn't happening does not mean it's bad idea, it just means there's nobody around who's interested in coding it at the moment. Right now our wizard population tends to be either: A) Overworked, B) Have little time for Genesis coding, or C) Learning the basics, and far from guild creation. On the positive side, we have a bunch of new eager wizards from the new generation of players who's learning quickly. So right now we're slowly getting more wizards, which is very different compared to just a few years ago when the wiz world was very quiet. So that's promising.

Ody: A "Genesis race guild" that gives all races a family name from all sorts of Genesis locations might be an interesting idea. But also controversial and new. A guild not tied to one domain, but to all domains at the same time. Would the admin like that? Would our lieges? I don't know. As AoD I think it's an interesting idea, and should a wizard present the idea and get the liege of Krynn to agree to move the Krynn race guild, then I would at least consider it, and ask the rest of the admin to as well. I gotta say though, that personally I kind of like that it is Krynn-based only, and that other domains have other options that are specific for that domain. Well, except Avenir:)

Author:  Arman [ 27 Jul 2016 05:25 ]
Post subject:  Re: Races of Krynn/Genesis

Arman wrote:
...need someone who is across the theme and lore of the area to work on it, otherwise you end up with something that undermines the foundations of that domain (for Krynn, it would be like someone unfamiliar with the domain adding the Knights of Takhisis or orcs, or a Barny loving Purple Dragonarmy).


PS This is me subtly saying that I know nothing about the lore of Avenir, and that I wouldn't work on such a project for fear of enraging Lilith to the point of her cutting off my beard.

Author:  Zestana [ 27 Jul 2016 23:23 ]
Post subject:  Re: Races of Krynn/Genesis

Arman wrote:
Arman wrote:
...need someone who is across the theme and lore of the area to work on it, otherwise you end up with something that undermines the foundations of that domain (for Krynn, it would be like someone unfamiliar with the domain adding the Knights of Takhisis or orcs, or a Barny loving Purple Dragonarmy).


PS This is me subtly saying that I know nothing about the lore of Avenir, and that I wouldn't work on such a project for fear of enraging Lilith to the point of her cutting off my beard.


She'd probably cut off more than your beard.

Author:  Nerull [ 27 Jul 2016 23:44 ]
Post subject:  Re: Races of Krynn/Genesis

I could provide the backend stuff for such a guild, considering I have complete guild templates which I use for my projects.

It would take approximately about a couple of hours to make it run from a technical standpoint, but the real legwork is the descriptors and stuff for emotes, guildhalls, items etc.

So, hypothetically, if someone would aid (alot) with the legwork, and could provide permissions, design documents etc, it could be done.

Though, even for a racial guild, there are several moving parts. Even with aid, it will take time. :)

Author:  Celemir [ 28 Jul 2016 08:29 ]
Post subject:  Re: Races of Krynn/Genesis

Please add half-lings to the race list for hobbits, oh and remember to make them neutral ;)

Author:  Etanukar [ 28 Jul 2016 15:28 ]
Post subject:  Re: Races of Krynn/Genesis

A half hobbit!? Now you're just being disgusting... I mean, what race could stand to lay with a hobbit.... You should be ashamed! SHAME SHAME SHAME!

Author:  Draugor [ 28 Jul 2016 17:54 ]
Post subject:  Re: Races of Krynn/Genesis

Etanukar wrote:
A half hobbit!? Now you're just being disgusting... I mean, what race could stand to lay with a hobbit.... You should be ashamed! SHAME SHAME SHAME!



I've heard some lay with elves O_O

Author:  Melarec [ 28 Jul 2016 18:25 ]
Post subject:  Re: Races of Krynn/Genesis

Etanukar wrote:
A half hobbit!? Now you're just being disgusting... I mean, what race could stand to lay with a hobbit.... You should be ashamed! SHAME SHAME SHAME!
Humans are pretty weird..
I mean, in mythology, most things are half human.. What did some sick freak do to get that started, eh?

Page 2 of 3 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/