Twohanded combat

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ardor
Wanderer

Twohanded combat

Post by Ardor » 20 Feb 2017 01:32

Heya,

The question of two handed combat being using two weapons or a two handed weapon is asked like daily almost.

Why not change the name of the skill to "dual wielding"?

Arman
Wizard

Re: Twohanded combat

Post by Arman » 20 Feb 2017 07:23

I'd be in favour of that!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 20 Feb 2017 11:20

That's a good idea. That question has been asked since the dawn of time.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 20 Feb 2017 18:34

I second this, we'd stop having people ask all the time and it makes ALOT more sense

Titan

Post by Avatar » 20 Feb 2017 21:02

Oh, wow my post was deleted.

Really?

All I did was comment on the fact that it has yet to be coded despite people having asked for it since dawn of time and it might be because no one wizzed and coded it themselves.

That needs deleting?

You kidding me?
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 21 Feb 2017 01:09

Avatar: I dont know if anyone has ever suggested it to a wizard? I just remember being confused about it when I started playing myself, and I've heard people ask the question on the newbie line too. "Since the dawn of time" is just an expression. Not like I got statistics on that. No idea if those few people who could do the change has ever thought about it. This one is actually not really a thing you can "wiz and fix yourself".

Why your post was deleted? No idea, maybe our Thread-o-bot detected something that was off topic, sounded very negative, or something that was not very constructive and just a complaint? As you know we moved towards heavier moderation a while ago to save the forum. It has it's pros and cons too. Better err on the side of caution though?

Ardor
Wanderer

Post by Ardor » 18 Mar 2017 21:55

I´m not sure how the programming is in genesis, but in most other programming languages it should just be a string variable with a getter for the name of the skill? At least in my perfect world :)

If it is as easy as I presume, it should be 2 minutes of work, even if it is abstracted, for those who know the code somewhat well.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/