What Are Your Top Ideas for 2017

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: What Are Your Top Ideas for 2017

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 11 May 2017 10:45

Dakhor wrote:Hi

I second the ability for more customisation on what hits you see in combat.

For instance I would like to see hits by team members above a certain severity but I do not want to see their misses and or nicks and scratches.

Cheers

DaK

True everyone turns off see fights to reduce spam. But in team combat its hard to keep track of what's happening so we have to spam health all to see who is taking dmg
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 11 May 2017 10:55

Blind players? Really?
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 11 May 2017 11:40

nils wrote:Blind players? Really?
Actually yes. They are a huge population of some muds.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/mate ... t-only-rpg
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 11 May 2017 11:51

*boggle*
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 11 May 2017 11:57

Not sure why that is such a shocking concept. I would expect graphic games are much harder for them. With a text reader --- Muds are probably the best venue for them in terms of gaming options.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 11 May 2017 12:26

Wow, hmmmm.
This means I can show more enthusiasm in my other favourite hobby without having to worry about not being able to mud.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 11 May 2017 13:40

You know, that is actually a really valid point. Its a niche market we could really market to and capitalise on if we catered to it better.

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 11 May 2017 20:08

Tarax the Terrible wrote:But in team combat its hard to keep track of what's happening so we have to spam health all to see who is taking dmg
Quite. I re-aliased "h" to be "h all" just because it's easier.

I also had another thought this very morning..
There could be an option for "short combat"
As it is currently, you see: "You fiercely rive the {enemy} with your {ten adjectives|weapon}"
With "short combat" on you'd see: "You fiercely rive the {enemy}"

Not only could this lessen the work for screen readers, I (not being blind) would appreciate it as well.
I already know what weapon I'm holding.. I don't need to be told unless I ask.

There could also be a "Blind Players" option.*
Switching this option on would change all the appropriate options and shorten the majority of text to the bare essentials.
And make it the first item on the <options> list so the screen reader reads it first.

Just some thoughts.
Probably a lot of work we're talking about here, though.

*EDIT: Also, it would track how many players are using it and quantify the blind demographic for Genesis. (<-- "More statistics for Gorboth.." :D )

Ckrik
Wizard

Post by Ckrik » 12 May 2017 00:00

Tarax the Terrible wrote:What ideas are relevant to your characters day to day genesis life?
[*]Tools for Player economy - Expand auction house to include herbs, gems, potions whatever. Set up a way for players to offer contracts on it or something similar, eg Item transactions
I've toyed with the idea of building a Genesis futures market for commodities in the past but shelved it because of low active player population. Given the recent revival in our player base, I think I may pursue it now.

It would consist of something like a consolidated order book where players can enter bids and offers for various commodities in Genesis (e.g. skunk berries). I envision 1 week, 2 week and 3 week contracts that settle every Wed. Players deliver and collect the contracted goods at the clearing house's warehouse in the game. There are some complications around defaults and non-deliveries, but I think we can work some interesting penalty mechanism into the game so that the market doesn't collapse.

What sort of commodities would be interesting?

Lastly, the same code base can be adapted for cash settled contracts for speculation on in-game observables e.g. Emraht kills Tarax on or before Jan 1, 2018. What would be some interesting in-game observables that folks would want to bet on?

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 12 May 2017 00:27

Ckrik wrote:
Tarax the Terrible wrote:What ideas are relevant to your characters day to day genesis life?
[*]Tools for Player economy - Expand auction house to include herbs, gems, potions whatever. Set up a way for players to offer contracts on it or something similar, eg Item transactions
I've toyed with the idea of building a Genesis futures market for commodities in the past but shelved it because of low active player population. Given the recent revival in our player base, I think I may pursue it now.

It would consist of something like a consolidated order book where players can enter bids and offers for various commodities in Genesis (e.g. skunk berries). I envision 1 week, 2 week and 3 week contracts that settle every Wed. Players deliver and collect the contracted goods at the clearing house's warehouse in the game. There are some complications around defaults and non-deliveries, but I think we can work some interesting penalty mechanism into the game so that the market doesn't collapse.

What sort of commodities would be interesting?

Lastly, the same code base can be adapted for cash settled contracts for speculation on in-game observables e.g. Emraht kills Tarax on or before Jan 1, 2018. What would be some interesting in-game observables that folks would want to bet on?
Epic.. Paying ppl to collect herbs, gems, potions, etc would be such a load off the rich and wealthy hahah

PS Don't even joke about that a certain Throne room is scary enough already.
And a huge deadline to work too, too stressful lol.

Wars between guilds would be fun to speculate on, as long as there is no match fixing!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/