What Are Your Top Ideas for 2017

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: What Are Your Top Ideas for 2017

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 12 May 2017 13:48

More guild cloaks uniforms etc to set unintroduced description. Then the general understanding between players that if u r in a war like guild and wearing ur cloak u are up for a fight.

Like for AA could use tabard, draping my shield would set my description to a savage male orc displaying an army tabard on his shield.

A knight could have colours for the warhorse desc A x x human riding on a x warhorse which is in full battle colours.

Etc
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 12 May 2017 19:52

Tarax the Terrible wrote:More guild cloaks uniforms etc to set unintroduced description. Then the general understanding between players that if u r in a war like guild and wearing ur cloak u are up for a fight.

Like for AA could use tabard, draping my shield would set my description to a savage male orc displaying an army tabard on his shield.

A knight could have colours for the warhorse desc A x x human riding on a x warhorse which is in full battle colours.

Etc

Good idea. Although evil arguments will be: I am evil, so i wouldnt abide by this rule.
:-)

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 12 May 2017 22:14

I just think it would be useful for the discerning phsycohpath to not have to worry so much about ruining peoples day.

Mortis

Post by Mortis » 12 May 2017 22:25

NPCs should not always say the same messages on attack.

Generic system messages about Hey don't attack my friend! should be removed.

NPCs should not speak to spam to but to contribute.

I've seen a lot of npcs with on_attack set to say three lines. Then four of those npcs are in a room. Then one gets attacked, and they all together say 12 lines. That's spam and a bad play experience.

It's a much better practice to set a 1/10 or lower chance to say one of a few things. Then it looks spontaneous, and you end up with a couple lines of response across a group for flavor without ever spamming.

Mortis

Post by Mortis » 12 May 2017 22:51

Anyone working on quests should consider making them do-able for a team. Here's an idea list:
The Team Questing Manifesto

Code: Select all

• There will be a risk of death on every quest.
		○ There will never be a risk of instant death.
	• They will be epic. They will be motivating. They will be fun.
		○ They will not ask you to deliver widgets, milk a cow, or watch paint dry.
	• You will need a team to complete them.
		○ You will never be able to complete one solo.
		○ You may need different skill sets.
		○ You may need different sized team members.
	• You will get a permanent reward.
		○ They may be limited use, but they will stay on you until then.
		○ They may be truly permanent (e.g. zodiac gem, golden scabbard, torque).
	• They will be repeatable.
		○ There may be a different reward or portion of the reward for each completion (e.g. different piece of armour of a suit each time).
		○ The reward will be on a timer that could be daily, weekly, or monthly.
		○ You will have access to your timers, so your guild or friends can schedule quests.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 12 May 2017 23:23

I agree with your quest manifesto, Mortis. As it stands all the current quests should be done away with or reworked to be..fun. Quests should feel like quests, not menial tasks to get your brute down. The game only needs around 50ish quests if they are repeatable. Make them fun little stories you actually have to think through. This would also fix some of the issues with brute and how it feels like an eternity from one level to the next.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 12 May 2017 23:37

Mortis wrote:Anyone working on quests should consider making them do-able for a team. Here's an idea list:
The Team Questing Manifesto

Code: Select all

• There will be a risk of death on every quest.
		○ There will never be a risk of instant death.
	• They will be epic. They will be motivating. They will be fun.
		○ They will not ask you to deliver widgets, milk a cow, or watch paint dry.
	• You will need a team to complete them.
		○ You will never be able to complete one solo.
		○ You may need different skill sets.
		○ You may need different sized team members.
	• You will get a permanent reward.
		○ They may be limited use, but they will stay on you until then.
		○ They may be truly permanent (e.g. zodiac gem, golden scabbard, torque).
	• They will be repeatable.
		○ There may be a different reward or portion of the reward for each completion (e.g. different piece of armour of a suit each time).
		○ The reward will be on a timer that could be daily, weekly, or monthly.
		○ You will have access to your timers, so your guild or friends can schedule quests.
*drool*

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 17 May 2017 02:03

LFG?

Looking for Group, there are plenty of ppl who would team with newbs, but its a bit hard to get them together currently?

Luma
Adept

Post by Luma » 12 Jul 2017 22:14

Team quests: I always want to go questing with people, but questing doesn't work in a group because of the current set up. Also, more Questmasters with stories (even small ones) behind them (ex: MT Murder, Enchanter, ect.) As for quests always being possibly deadly (make the probability rather low because a high chance means people want to do quests less). The only thing you can right now do in a team is hunting.

Spamming enemies: You don't need 12 lines of "Don't attack my friend" but, the occasional "You smell like an ogre" makes the experience less boring and more enjoyable.

Luma
Adept

Post by Luma » 12 Jul 2017 22:14

Team quests: I always want to go questing with people, but questing doesn't work in a group because of the current set up. Also, more Questmasters with stories (even small ones) behind them (ex: MT Murder, Enchanter, ect.) As for quests always being possibly deadly (make the probability rather low because a high chance means people want to do quests less). The only thing you can right now do in a team is hunting.

Spamming enemies: You don't need 12 lines of "Don't attack my friend" but, the occasional "You smell like an ogre" makes the experience less boring and more enjoyable.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/