Better Experience System

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Melarec
Rising Hero

Better Experience System

Post by Melarec » 23 May 2017 07:41

So. Everyone complains about Brutality.
I say we do away with it!

"You can't do that! No one would do quests!"

Ah, you have a point there.
The system would have to be reworked accordingly.

With brutality gone, the character earns a flat rate of experience.
When the character does a quest, the quest is worth a ton, say three times normal, of experience.

A slight variation could take mortal level into consideration.

A mob deemed to be more powerful than the character would give extra experience.
A mob deemed less powerful than the character would give less experience.
A mob deemed to be about as powerful as the character would give an unaltered amount of experience.

Similarly, a quest deemed too easy for the character's mortal level would give a bit less than normal, while a quest deemed very hard for the character's mortal level would give quite a lot of extra experience.

There you have it. No annoying Brutality and an incentive to do quests.

(Yes, I realize I posted a similar topic. I present both as viable suggestions.)

Drazson
Titan

Re: Better Experience System

Post by Drazson » 23 May 2017 08:53

So you kind of "confine" the possible xp gains of supermyths by them gaining too little xp since they are so freaking higher than the strongest mobs out there, not because of them having killed much. Good so far. What about the hyper surge in the ranks of Myths by players who will enter a grind frenzy in the following 2 days from the time this system passes? I mean... We all look up to our future Myth selves but this change would make our growth WAY easier and kinda futile really. It would need at least:

• Reduced xp gain if there are 1 or 10 adepts carried around by a myth for uber fast xp which I'm not sure how to safely check code wise. That's just to make sure people get their xp in a "fair" way.
• Overall BIG reductions in xp gains so we actually wouldn't go Myth in a week which would seriously make no sense since (and this comes from a main veteran)
• You actually create the infamous xp cap with this reductions in xp gains so we revert to the "put a cap on xp" conversation which seems to be quite hazardous.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 23 May 2017 11:24

Defo not want easy street.

Just if you play genesis like its ur job you can have equal benefits and catch up to the point you don't feel much difference.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 23 May 2017 18:06

Drazson wrote:So you kind of "confine" the possible xp gains of supermyths by them gaining too little xp since they are so freaking higher than the strongest mobs out there, not because of them having killed much. Good so far. What about the hyper surge in the ranks of Myths by players who will enter a grind frenzy in the following 2 days from the time this system passes? I mean... We all look up to our future Myth selves but this change would make our growth WAY easier and kinda futile really. It would need at least:

• Reduced xp gain if there are 1 or 10 adepts carried around by a myth for uber fast xp which I'm not sure how to safely check code wise. That's just to make sure people get their xp in a "fair" way.
• Overall BIG reductions in xp gains so we actually wouldn't go Myth in a week which would seriously make no sense since (and this comes from a main veteran)
• You actually create the infamous xp cap with this reductions in xp gains so we revert to the "put a cap on xp" conversation which seems to be quite hazardous.
Yes, I do like my other suggestion better.. (See "Reworked Brutality System)
-Team xp would surely need to be reworked.. Perhaps based on participation? If you didn't do damage, you don't get rewarded?
-There could be small reductions in available xp and widen the margins between levels.. That is, make it so one needs more xp to "level up."
--Possibly, mobs could be worth less xp when they first respawn and gain value over time.. That way, if a player goes through and destroys an area, they won't be able to grind it nonstop with unlimited gains.
-Xp cap? Nah. Just lower stat gains after Myth.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/