Gardeners Ideas

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Sykil
Adept

Re: Gardeners Ideas

Post by Sykil » 06 Jun 2017 23:51

where you are talk of this more? is skype?
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 06 Jun 2017 23:54

http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Ckrik
Wizard

Post by Ckrik » 07 Jun 2017 00:45

All great ideas folks. Keep them coming.

One thing I do have to point out. We nerfed the usefulness of herbs in the past and there are people in the wizard world that think we didn't go far enough. There was once a time when one can munch on 50 attanars and whitehorns all at once and take down someone three times one's size. I've heard rumors of a titan sized mortal taking down the yeti in Icewall solo, only helped by a pouch full of herbs. We decided that was not cool and introduced consumption limits as a nerf. I think the general consensus among wizards is that herbs are still a little too helpful, but we decided against further restricting herbs because of the role they had in Genesis historically.

Like Gorboth suggested, I think realistic ideas must either 1. require a lot of maintenance effort on the part of the players or 2. be really rare occurrences. The new activity also must not alter player behavior so much as to entice everyone to become farmers -- the image of a big bad Dragonarmy goblin general tending to gardens though amusing to me would look silly to most other players.

Regarding trading or merchant like activities, I'm working on something that could be fun. Stay tuned.

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 07 Jun 2017 00:55

Ckrik wrote:All great ideas folks. Keep them coming.

One thing I do have to point out. We nerfed the usefulness of herbs in the past and there are people in the wizard world that think we didn't go far enough. There was once a time when one can munch on 50 attanars and whitehorns all at once and take down someone three times one's size. I've heard rumors of a titan sized mortal taking down the yeti in Icewall solo, only helped by a pouch full of herbs. We decided that was not cool and introduced consumption limits as a nerf. I think the general consensus among wizards is that herbs are still a little too helpful, but we decided against further restricting herbs because of the role they had in Genesis historically.

Like Gorboth suggested, I think realistic ideas must either 1. require a lot of maintenance effort on the part of the players or 2. be really rare occurrences. The new activity also must not alter player behavior so much as to entice everyone to become farmers -- the image of a big bad Dragonarmy goblin general tending to gardens though amusing to me would look silly to most other players.

Regarding trading or merchant like activities, I'm working on something that could be fun. Stay tuned.
While most of the post was great, in the end this was all I saw. Consider my seat edged.

Realistically, I think anything new will tend to have a flocking when it is first introduced. Over time I'm sure it will go down, though. My hope would be for something that is a bit of a money sink, but also could be useful to the "average" player without too much effort. I trust y'all wizards to balance as best you can with adjustments soon after when people find a way to screw up something good by revealing some sort of abuse....

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 07 Jun 2017 10:10

Well, like I said (in the chat above) - as long as there is no lame "magic" reason why people can't steal this (either by force, or by stealing), I think it's nice.

But if this is going to be considered, please, oh please don't make this another one of those "you can't come in here because some magic force is stopping you, and oh, btw, you can't steal here either, because f. you, that's why!" :)

Sibbedidenn
Adept

Post by Sibbedidenn » 07 Jun 2017 11:52

Zugzug wrote:Well, like I said (in the chat above) - as long as there is no lame "magic" reason why people can't steal this (either by force, or by stealing), I think it's nice.

But if this is going to be considered, please, oh please don't make this another one of those "you can't come in here because some magic force is stopping you, and oh, btw, you can't steal here either, because f. you, that's why!" :)
What he said.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 08 Jun 2017 01:08

Another place for the secret gardens list..
Seems plenty of places r way ahead of this idea

Code: Select all

In a private garden in Fourth Circle of Minas Tirith.
There is one obvious exit: south.
> search here for herbs

You start to search.
> 
You find a green leaf!
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Emmiline Calaith
Adventurer

Post by Emmiline Calaith » 08 Jun 2017 15:39

Zugzug and Sibbedidenn - I realise I forgot to ask this in the chat previously. Are you arguing that you should be able to steal the herbs from plants that are fully grown? Or are you saying you should be able to even if the person just planted it and just removing it from the plot? In my opinion, it wouldn't be really fair for someone to log off and find all of their plants have been stolen while they weren't online - or even if they were online, really, especially if the wizards made it so seeds are very rare.

Ckrik and Gorboth - That is AWESOME that something like this is in the works! I understand that players' ideas aren't always something that can be brought into the game and that it needs to be realistic as well. I don't have any experience with LPC coding so you and the other wizards of course know more about this than I do. I thank you both for reading the post and considering these ideas in the first place. As for the herb nerf, I heard about that. When you explain it that way it makes sense. I wasn't playing when herbs weren't restricted as much and while I admit that at times the effectiveness and the cooldown time for herbs can be a bit of a hassle, if this was real life the herbs would probably be the way they are.
There are three types of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

Etanukar
Adept

Post by Etanukar » 08 Jun 2017 17:00

Those pesky rabbits got into the cabbage again! Guess what, it happens in real life. Now you can spend extra money on theft deterrents, but there is no 100% guarantee on anything.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 08 Jun 2017 17:57

Emmiline Calaith wrote:Zugzug and Sibbedidenn - I realise I forgot to ask this in the chat previously. Are you arguing that you should be able to steal the herbs from plants that are fully grown? Or are you saying you should be able to even if the person just planted it and just removing it from the plot? In my opinion, it wouldn't be really fair for someone to log off and find all of their plants have been stolen while they weren't online - or even if they were online, really, especially if the wizards made it so seeds are very rare.

Ckrik and Gorboth - That is AWESOME that something like this is in the works! I understand that players' ideas aren't always something that can be brought into the game and that it needs to be realistic as well. I don't have any experience with LPC coding so you and the other wizards of course know more about this than I do. I thank you both for reading the post and considering these ideas in the first place. As for the herb nerf, I heard about that. When you explain it that way it makes sense. I wasn't playing when herbs weren't restricted as much and while I admit that at times the effectiveness and the cooldown time for herbs can be a bit of a hassle, if this was real life the herbs would probably be the way they are.
So, you're saying this should be like a singleplayer farm? :shock:

Like I said, I think it would be cool if you could buy a plot of land, and maybe even hire some big powerful guards for it (for a ton of money?), but if someone who comes along who can "take care" of your guards, they should be able to smash your garden into pieces, if they want to. Or just pick your herbs up. I am sure people who are in grind mode would appreciate that new killing grounds. :D

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/