Rebalanced Grinders, list and ideas for more.

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
nils
Titan

Re: Rebalanced Grinders, list and ideas for more.

Post by nils » 27 Jun 2017 15:22

Kvator wrote: Then of course there is quali and ENTS (give me equivalent for goodies...)
Icewall, Mithas, Terel trolls, Dark elves, Ogres, Ghastly Keep
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 27 Jun 2017 15:23

The undeads in barrow downs and Calia?

We not talked about Terel yet, but it would be GREAT to seem Legion of Darkness buffed and made relevant again. As a grinder for solo legend sized goodies. = Team of Titan / Hero.
Pretty sweet spot for a grinder to be in.

LoD Has the atmosphere of somewhere that should be tough.
It has Mergula!!!
Exp and Size could be buffed.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 27 Jun 2017 15:38

nils wrote:
Kvator wrote: Then of course there is quali and ENTS (give me equivalent for goodies...)
Icewall, Mithas, Terel trolls, Dark elves, Ogres, Ghastly Keep
how many days to drop from neutral to agreeable on these? :D

and of course i mentioned in the original post how much easier is to get back to evil (two rather small mobs - that is +/- 5 min with ships etc) than get back to good (few turns on wraiths - that is +/- 5 hours)

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 27 Jun 2017 16:31

Kvator wrote:
nils wrote: how many days to drop from neutral to agreeable on these? :D
Could it be that there are more "goodie-grinds" than "evil-grinds" for that precise reason? Evils can grind wherever, goodies can't - so goodies get more?
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 27 Jun 2017 16:44

To be quite honest, having more grinders full of Evil mobs makes Genesis seem overrun by evil.
Typically, it's the other way around; the world is full of (relatively) good people, but Evil is still there and poses a great threat.

I wouldn't mind a few extra villages dotted around that are full of innocent people. Farmers, women, children.
I realize pathetic civilians don't pose much of a threat, (less or no xp) but perhaps there could be a garrison there that an evil could wipe out?
Or a particular village has a powerful patron/guardian.. Like a Good dragon or a very powerful Paladin. (Avatar of Paladine? Nah..)

In saying this, though, do we really want to make it easier for Evil people to get stronger?
Good seems to struggle enough as it is..

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 27 Jun 2017 16:47

Do we really need more big grinds in general?

The thing most complained about in the last 10 years have been the changes to titles, which meant that everyone wanted to become myths and everyone spent all their time grinding and nobody dared enter pvp without being sure to win.

And now you want to make it even easier for these big people to grow even larger?
I don't get it.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 27 Jun 2017 17:12

nils wrote:
Kvator wrote:
nils wrote: how many days to drop from neutral to agreeable on these? :D
Could it be that there are more "goodie-grinds" than "evil-grinds" for that precise reason? Evils can grind wherever, goodies can't - so goodies get more?
but BEST "goodie-grinds" drops ur align soooo slowly that it's already serving the purpose good enough (weeeeell enough)

and btw - are we talking about lore/theme or factual state of the game?

Because there is no single 'big folks' xp area where I haven't seen evils grind.
And there are 'big folks' xp areas where I haven't seend goodies grind (real goodies, not aberrations like Calia)

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 27 Jun 2017 21:36

Thalric wrote:Do we really need more big grinds in general?

The thing most complained about in the last 10 years have been the changes to titles, which meant that everyone wanted to become myths and everyone spent all their time grinding and nobody dared enter pvp without being sure to win.

And now you want to make it even easier for these big people to grow even larger?
I don't get it.
Very True, I still think specials dmg should be capped at a very high number, that most ppl wouldnt even realise was there but would put a reality check on the progress of our biggest players.

But these dont have to be rebalanced into super myth grinders.
Like u could make trollshaws for hero level.
From my own perspective I cant think of any other grinders that equal Neraka Trolls or South Haradrim camp, but they are protected areas. Bit of a misnomer lol. So shaws being like another one of them could be nicer than current no one goes there situation cus it was balanced down harshly in the past.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Jooli
Adept

Post by Jooli » 28 Jun 2017 11:04

I was talking about Middle Earth. As it is now there is not much incentive for evil players to go grinding in Middle Earth. Even smaller npc areas are not up to standard. Except a couple of good exceptions.

And I don't mean just for huge players, but for all sizes.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 28 Jun 2017 11:42

Well ME as a whole is not up to date with grinding areas. Haradrims for goodies and ents and anorien fort for baddies (still better for evils thou :) )

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/