Grenades

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Melarec
Rising Hero

Grenades

Post by Melarec » 02 Jul 2017 06:14

Or some other form of AoE damager.

Something that can be thrown or triggered and damage invisible people.

(Is something like this already in the game? I've not come across anything like it yet..
Which would suggest that it's either not very available or not very useful..)

Titan

Re: Grenades

Post by Avatar » 02 Jul 2017 12:54

Melarec wrote:Or some other form of AoE damager.

(Is something like this already in the game? I've not come across anything like it yet..
The, now gone, Shadowwalker guild, had bombs they could throw. Oh how they could be abused for some good fun :)
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 02 Jul 2017 13:22

The, now gone, Shadowwalker guild, had bombs they could throw. Oh how they could be abused for some good fun :)
True. Especially as the blast would move you to another adjacent location, which of course many (guarded) locations did not take into account :-)
That said, I don't think grenades are the answer to the ability of thieves to steal. That should probably be fixed with the ability itself.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Titan

Post by Avatar » 02 Jul 2017 13:29

Makfly wrote:

True. Especially as the blast would move you to another adjacent location, which of course many (guarded) locations did not take into account :-)
That said, I don't think grenades are the answer to the ability of thieves to steal. That should probably be fixed with the ability itself.
Invis should be cancelled upon a failed attempt at stealing.

After an attempt at stealing, no matter if it is failed or successful, there should be a cooldown before the thief can try again.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 03 Jul 2017 18:03

Perhaps, when it says, "You notice someone..." it could partially reveal that "someone" and list them as "Someone."
This would give people something to attack, even though they can't see their target. (Evade buff to the invis, accuracy de-buff to the attacker)

Could even make it so that the "Someone" disappears from the list after a certain amount of time.
Then make it so that you can <watch [first, second, third] someone> and track their movements. (Bending grass, breaking twigs, etc..)

Still like the idea of a grenade, though..
Not just for use against invisibles..

Kwevin
Veteran

Post by Kwevin » 03 Jul 2017 20:17

Melarec wrote:Perhaps, when it says, "You notice someone..." it could partially reveal that "someone" and list them as "Someone."
This would give people something to attack, even though they can't see their target. (Evade buff to the invis, accuracy de-buff to the attacker)

Could even make it so that the "Someone" disappears from the list after a certain amount of time.
Then make it so that you can <watch [first, second, third] someone> and track their movements. (Bending grass, breaking twigs, etc..)

Still like the idea of a grenade, though..
Not just for use against invisibles..
Ooh, a good use for tracking. I'm down. That is a good idea
Alea iacta est. Serius regredi est.

Luma
Adept

Post by Luma » 04 Sep 2017 20:21

Well, gnomes have their tools that you can throw at people!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/