Wanted! (for balancing purposes)

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Dread
Great Adventurer

Re: Wanted! (for balancing purposes)

Post by Dread » 24 Aug 2017 15:50

mallor wrote:
Tarax the Terrible wrote:Elrond has it.
Unlike Nazgul, Elrond is not in a place accessible by everyone.
Sure it is, you just have to cheat. :)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 24 Aug 2017 16:13

Who said cheat? Who should I delete?

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 25 Aug 2017 00:06

Cherek wrote:Who said cheat? Who should I delete?
Unfortunately, I cannot pay attention for you. :)

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 30 Aug 2017 22:27

Please delete bad code. BTW Rivendell is also supposed to have another entrance from Misty Mountains region.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 31 Aug 2017 02:17

mallor wrote:
Please delete bad code.
There wouldn't be much left if we deleted all the bad code though? Your entire character is probably at least 80% bad code. But, ok, fine. Let's do it!

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 31 Aug 2017 17:14

Cherek wrote:
mallor wrote:
Please delete bad code.
There wouldn't be much left if we deleted all the bad code though? Your entire character is probably at least 80% bad code. But, ok, fine. Let's do it!
Start with providing evils access to FBB equivalent, in form of Elrond, then you can delete 80% of me :P

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 31 Aug 2017 18:00

Thank you for re-railing this de-railed thread.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Sep 2017 00:27

mallor wrote: Start with providing evils access to FBB equivalent, in form of Elrond, then you can delete 80% of me :P
But evil players and guilds already use the FBB and basically all other weapons found on evil NPCs? Or would you not kill the Orc Captain because he's evil aligned? The FBB can already be attained and wielded by players of any align.

If anything, the goodie NPCs carrying especially nice EQ should get an evil equivalent? Since many goodie guilds are much more heavily align-restricted than the evil guilds. But that sounds like a rather unrealistic thing to do though.

Regardless how you do it though, the evils have an advantage both when it comes to EQ hunting and grinding. So, I personally don't think we need to make that advantage bigger by providing more high-end equipment for evils only? But that's just how I feel about it. It's up to the liege of ME and the AoB to decide.

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 02 Sep 2017 10:02

thank you Cherek, fully agreeing with that!
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 03 Sep 2017 11:42

Cherek wrote: But evil players and guilds already use the FBB and basically all other weapons found on evil NPCs? Or would you not kill the Orc Captain because he's evil aligned? The FBB can already be attained and wielded by players of any align.
Are we not considering RP reasons anymore? How would AA tank Nazgul and how will they explain it to Mages?
Cherek wrote: If anything, the goodie NPCs carrying especially nice EQ should get an evil equivalent? Since many goodie guilds are much more heavily align-restricted than the evil guilds. But that sounds like a rather unrealistic thing to do though.
On the other hand, there is more equip that is restricted to good align.
Cherek wrote: Regardless how you do it though, the evils have an advantage both when it comes to EQ hunting and grinding. So, I personally don't think we need to make that advantage bigger by providing more high-end equipment for evils only? But that's just how I feel about it. It's up to the liege of ME and the AoB to decide.
That's a fine attempt to derail again, so I'm not going to get into an argument on how a team of neidar and 3 calians performs compared to a team of AA and 3 DAs.

To be honest, the solution is simple - Balrog.
Yes, that dude nobody ever kills because his weapons are utter crap. Make both his whip and sword 60/60 2h undulling, and make him wield both in one hand. Now we're talking business.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/